The good, the bad, the ugly vs. Chi Town (Postgame thread)

RaidersAreOne

They showed heart, desire and didn't give up. Great TEAM win. Getting there right after Indy game did something because it looked like a different team and we had injuries that didn't stop us from winning. We made mistakes and one that shifted momo but hung in there and FINISHED the game. Jacobs is hurt but not injured and has gone from a guy I thought we should have waited til the 2nd round for to one of our best picks in years. Still want another RB to rotate with him next season but Jacobs is easily going to be a fan favorite. We could say refs were against us but I saw us hold Mack with no call and Foster was holding on Jacob's TD but no call. Win some lose some but I completely understand thinking refs were against us cause some calls were bad. Hurst for example, but honestly I blame the NFL for that one. Refs are just following NFL's influence of high scoring, gambling, fantasy style of game play. 

Hopefully Gruden is giving the team some much deserved time off for the bye. They played hard and looked good playing a dominant 1st half. When momo shifted we had more mistakes but they didn't give up, fought back, and finished the game. I thought 4-12 without AB but this is an 8-8 team that could improve and make a wildcard push. A lot of these guys haven't known each other long so some gelling and chemistry and we could become really competitive. The momo from this game could really help us with a difficult schedule early.  3-2 is a lot better than I though some heating up the BBQ and crow is tasty.  :)

Waited for a game like this from Hurst. Up to today, PJ has outplayed him.

Props to PG for allowing Morrow to stay on the field on third downs when the Raiders went into their dime packages. Whitehead is to lost in coverage 100 percent of the time and Morrow in one game made a huge impact.

Josh Jacobs is the truth. Was a fan of his in college and loved the pick when he was drafted. He so smooth and you can see how bad he wanted to win out there. Raiders offense should start with him and end with him. The Raiders needed an identity on offense and Jacobs gives them one. 

Still, need to see adjustments and better play calling in the second half from Gruden.

I went into this 5 game road trip thinking the Raiders would need to win at least two of the 5 games to have a chance at being in the playoff picture. Well they got the two wins already. Packers and Houston up next. Could very well get a 3rd and set them up nicely for the stretch run. 

Also have accepted that I have a love/hate relationship with Derek Carr 

Edited by agarcia34

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Oh man players do it all the time and it was a game ending play not like he did it after every tackle.

I know, but I would save that for someone like AB or Bruce Irvin. Mack was nothing but good to us and classy after he left despite not being treated well in the end. He doesn't deserve that. Besides, Hurst shouldn't have beef since he never played with him. And its pretty rich having any backup defender trying to clown on a DPOY regardless of the situation. Still, good game from Mo Hurst today.

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Carr imo he threw it in traffic and off target even the one catch Renfrow had to work magic for the first down because Carr doesn't place the ball well.

Do you mean the one where he had a rusher in his face in the 4th?

2 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I know, but I would save that for someone like AB or Bruce Irvin. Mack was nothing but good to us and classy after he left despite not being treated well in the end. He doesn't deserve that. Besides, Hurst shouldn't have beef since he never played with him. And its pretty rich having any backup defender trying to clown on a DPOY regardless of the situation. Still, good game from Mo Hurst today.

Do you mean the one where he had a rusher in his face in the 4th?

It's not beef it's heat of battle competition, this team heard all weak how Mack wanted revenge and every talking head talked about Mack destroying us I'm sure even Mack didn't take it personal.

He still could have thrown that better.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

It's not beef it's heat of battle competition, this team heard all weak how Mack wanted revenge and every talking head talked about Mack destroying us I'm sure even Mack didn't take it personal.

He still could have thrown that better.

Sure, I don't disagree with anything you just said.