The good, the bad, the ugly vs. Chi Town (Postgame thread)

RaidersAreOne

31 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Anyone know when NFLN is going to re-air this game?

They may not have the game.  From my experience in the past they don't start listing the 2-3 games they replay until Tuesday.  I'm not sure if there is some other method or schedule posted. 

Good: 

Jacobs is a top 10 back. 4th in rushing this year and only ascending as a player. We motioned him out, but he STILL needs more non-dumpoff targets.

Ingold is a monster. I was going to post the above vid.

The OL looks good.

Hurst and the pass rush looked revitalized. Hurst is finally healthy and it showed.

Bad:

Offensive penalties. Holding calls were gross. Big no no.

WR injuries. Tyrell better be healthy by our next game (and I think he will be).

Incognito's penalties. He played a hell of a game, but those penalties were killer.

Ugly: AJ Cole's punt to Cohen. Not enough air and set up that return.

DC and Jacobs' communication on the toss. Jacobs acknowledged he ran it like a wide run and it was really a toss, but we need to get this cleaned up.

Trevor Davis' fumble at the 1.

Hopefully, the past two games is what we continue to see from the Raiders offense. A rugged offense that will punch you in the mouth. Your best player is a RB. Your offensive line is built for it. With this style of offense, it allows you to stay in games and keeps the defense off the field. Jacobs looks like the type of RB who gets better with more carries. Interested in seeing how the offense continues to take form after the bye week. When Williams and JJ get back healthy along with Jackson. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I bet you Ingold knows what college Danny Woodhead attended.  I missed the Hicks Block and the block on Mack on the first TD but I definitly noticed why the Bears LBers were not able to stop Jacobs coming over the top on the last TD.  Young man is quickly becoming a fan favorite and is a strong candidate for my next jersey.

Edited by drfrey13

Ingold had a great game.  In addition to the clips already shown, on the 1st play of the 2nd quarter (15:00, 1st and 10, from Chi 12yd line) Jacobs rushing TD would not have happened if not for Ingold taking out Khalil Mack, who had outside contain on the run and was trying to collapse down inside and tackle Jacobs.  The play call was a sweep left and Mack was in perfect position to stop the play for a loss, as he was purposefully not blocked by Miller (who doubled the DE with Incognito then slid off to Trevathan taking both out of the play) and assigned 1on1 with Ingold.  However, a solid block by Ingold kept Mack from making any play and Jacobs scored on the run.