The good, the bad, the ugly vs. Chi Town (Postgame thread)

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Whitehead also has gotten a lot better (still just a tad above average though) and I love his leadership. 

The defense overall looked much faster with Joyner on the field all game and Morrow/Whitehead as the two LB's playing the majority of the snaps. 

30 minutes ago, Totty said:

He's in year two and showing some upside.  Go on...

Turned Undrafted George Fant into a starting NFL LT

Gallery into a Pro Bowl LG

Russell Okung Pro Bowl

Max Unger Pro Bowl

Edited by Geezy

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah still average but wayyyy better than Malcolm Smith. God that guy was garbage.

Weird you said that. Morrow reminds me of him except when he was a Seahawk, AKA when he was good lol. OK starter, good depth. Whitehead would be a SLB for me ideally, but we're in a pinch and he's doing ok so far so I'll take what I can get from him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Totty said:

Okung one time pro bowler drafted 6 overall

Unger two time pro bowler.  

Gallery was never a pro bowler

Fant had started 17 games since 2016.

I rest my case. 

All that matters is he’s coaching up this current OL, that started the season without  2 starters and we just pounded one of the best defenses in league. You can hate if you want to. 

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

All that matters is he’s Gifted this current OL, that started the season without  2 starters and we just pounded one of the best defenses in league. You can hate if you want to. 

Fify.  Goodnight.  

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Turned Undrafted George Fant into a starting NFL LT

Gallery into a Pro Bowl LG

Russell Okung Pro Bowl

Max Unger Pro Bowl

Yet his lines have been a disgrace and this defeats your argument that he's never had nothing to work with does it not.

8 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Yet his lines have been a disgrace and this defeats your argument that he's never had nothing to work with does it not.

Lookin real top 5ish right now, some of y’all just can’t be happy. Rather be right about an opinion than let things be. 

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Lookin real top 5ish right now, some of y’all just can’t be happy. Rather be right about an opinion than let things be. 

Dude nobody is saying they are not happy with how our line is playing now, but you trying to tell us Cable been getting a bum rap his whole career is a stretch. It's more likely he's been a bum most of his career,

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Dude nobody is saying they are not happy with how our line is playing now, but you trying to tell us Cable been getting a bum rap his whole career is a stretch. It's more likely he's been a bum most of his career,

Nah I’m saying he’s doing good with our Line and guys are quick to discredit him. Two back ups and “scrub 1st round bust” according to a lot around here, and “nah, he’s getting carried by the talent”.

people rather feel right about an opinion, than give a man his due. 

• Like 1

Cable has done a good job this year and a great job against the Bears. Bears game made our line look like a legendary line of the old days. Dallas, Hogs, Shell/Upshaw just great old school pound the rock. Ravens won a SB doing that with a top Defense. Our D isn’t there but we also can do a lot more than just pound the rock. Play action will work nicely for a few weeks just because of the film of this game. Stop the run is a DC first priority. Props to Cable, Olsen and Gruden for an excellent game plan and players executing said plan. Lots of mistakes to correct on assignments but film is better broken down after a victory. 

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Not to take anything away from how the guys played but does anyone else fear that this was more about the Bears leaving on Friday and dealing with jet lag then us dominating 3 quarters of the game? 

It probably played into it but it wasn't just that. We had a good performance against the Colts as well, a team good enough to come to Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

It probably played into it but it wasn't just that. We had a good performance against the Colts as well, a team good enough to come to Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs.

I wasn't sure how to rate that W against Indy considering they lacked Hilton, Leonard, and Hooker. But they beat KC at home in prime time without Leonard or Hooker still. And not to take anything away from Jacoby Brisset, but he wasn't even the presumptive starter entering the season. Very solid team with a good OL. That win seems better to me now than it did when it happened.

• Like 3