Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

The good, the bad, the ugly vs. Chi Town (Postgame thread)

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Whitehead also has gotten a lot better (still just a tad above average though) and I love his leadership. 

 

The defense overall looked much faster with Joyner on the field all game and Morrow/Whitehead as the two LB's playing the majority of the snaps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Totty said:

He's in year two and showing some upside.  Go on...

Turned Undrafted George Fant into a starting NFL LT

Gallery into a Pro Bowl LG

Russell Okung Pro Bowl

Max Unger Pro Bowl

Edited by Geezy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah still average but wayyyy better than Malcolm Smith. God that guy was garbage.

Weird you said that. Morrow reminds me of him except when he was a Seahawk, AKA when he was good lol. OK starter, good depth. Whitehead would be a SLB for me ideally, but we're in a pinch and he's doing ok so far so I'll take what I can get from him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okung one time pro bowler drafted 6 overall

 

Unger two time pro bowler.  

 

Gallery was never a pro bowler

 

Fant had started 17 games since 2016.

 

I rest my case. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Totty said:

Okung one time pro bowler drafted 6 overall

 

Unger two time pro bowler.  

 

Gallery was never a pro bowler

 

Fant had started 17 games since 2016.

 

I rest my case. 

 

 

 

All that matters is he’s coaching up this current OL, that started the season without  2 starters and we just pounded one of the best defenses in league. You can hate if you want to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

All that matters is he’s Gifted this current OL, that started the season without  2 starters and we just pounded one of the best defenses in league. You can hate if you want to. 

Fify.  Goodnight.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Totty said:

Fify.  Goodnight.  

Lmao just ignore we’ve missed two starters and our 2nd year LT has taken a nice in year two. Peace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Turned Undrafted George Fant into a starting NFL LT

Gallery into a Pro Bowl LG

Russell Okung Pro Bowl

Max Unger Pro Bowl

Yet his lines have been a disgrace and this defeats your argument that he's never had nothing to work with does it not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Yet his lines have been a disgrace and this defeats your argument that he's never had nothing to work with does it not.

Lookin real top 5ish right now, some of y’all just can’t be happy. Rather be right about an opinion than let things be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Lookin real top 5ish right now, some of y’all just can’t be happy. Rather be right about an opinion than let things be. 

Dude nobody is saying they are not happy with how our line is playing now, but you trying to tell us Cable been getting a bum rap his whole career is a stretch. It's more likely he's been a bum most of his career,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Dude nobody is saying they are not happy with how our line is playing now, but you trying to tell us Cable been getting a bum rap his whole career is a stretch. It's more likely he's been a bum most of his career,

Nah I’m saying he’s doing good with our Line and guys are quick to discredit him. Two back ups and “scrub 1st round bust” according to a lot around here, and “nah, he’s getting carried by the talent”.

people rather feel right about an opinion, than give a man his due. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cable has done a good job this year and a great job against the Bears. Bears game made our line look like a legendary line of the old days. Dallas, Hogs, Shell/Upshaw just great old school pound the rock. Ravens won a SB doing that with a top Defense. Our D isn’t there but we also can do a lot more than just pound the rock. Play action will work nicely for a few weeks just because of the film of this game. Stop the run is a DC first priority. Props to Cable, Olsen and Gruden for an excellent game plan and players executing said plan. Lots of mistakes to correct on assignments but film is better broken down after a victory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to take anything away from how the guys played but does anyone else fear that this was more about the Bears leaving on Friday and dealing with jet lag then us dominating 3 quarters of the game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Not to take anything away from how the guys played but does anyone else fear that this was more about the Bears leaving on Friday and dealing with jet lag then us dominating 3 quarters of the game? 

It probably played into it but it wasn't just that. We had a good performance against the Colts as well, a team good enough to come to Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

It probably played into it but it wasn't just that. We had a good performance against the Colts as well, a team good enough to come to Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs.

I wasn't sure how to rate that W against Indy considering they lacked Hilton, Leonard, and Hooker. But they beat KC at home in prime time without Leonard or Hooker still. And not to take anything away from Jacoby Brisset, but he wasn't even the presumptive starter entering the season. Very solid team with a good OL. That win seems better to me now than it did when it happened.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...