GDT WK 6- Drunklas Crowboys vs NY Boobs ft. The Darnold(?)

Ace5

54 minutes ago, TVScout said:

If he is fired what happens with our drafts? Or do you think he has no positive influence there?

Its astonishing that people actually want to lay 100% of the fault on Garrett and dont see that he is also the key reason our roster is something that we are all optimistic about. 

20 hours ago, Northland said:

Don't be vague.  Let us know how you feel.

If I did, it would be quite a long post. I'll sum it up by saying Jason Garrett has been here for 13 years. The last time there was "serious talk" about JG getting fired, Tony Romo threw out his back to save him (2013 season). He's had numerous talented teams over the years and has failed to deliver.

It's been 23 years and counting since the Boys have had the coaching and the talent to make a deep playoff run. JG has had countless opportunities, with several coaches getting fired. The 8-8 seasons. 2 playoff victories in 9 years. I'm ready for a change at that position. 

Edited by Tony7188

4 hours ago, TVScout said:

If he is fired what happens with our drafts? Or do you think he has no positive influence there?

So you're just going to ignore Will McClay? Or did you forget about him being our draft mastermind? 

McClay was also the one that executed the Amari Cooper trade.

Edited by Tony7188

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Its astonishing that people actually want to lay 100% of the fault on Garrett and dont see that he is also the key reason our roster is something that we are all optimistic about. 

Those who like Garrett will justify keeping him and perhaps give him more credit than he is due.  Those opposed to JG will blame him for everything.  We can argue the rationality of both positions until the cows come home.

For me it boils down to 2 playoff victories in 9 years.  Barring something catastrophic we wont make a coaching change during the season.  

How much rope does JG have?  I feel its NFC Title game or bust.  Too much talent on this roster to be satisfied with less

• Like 1

22 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

How true is this statement really? The last guy JG vouched for in the draft was Taco Charlton. That turned out well 

Who vouched for LVE? How much does JG hold back the defense (the real problem). Will firing him result in an improvement in the big picture? If he does get fired who do we hire?

FIRE HIM!!!!!!!!!! is the knee jerk reaction after a bitter loss but it bears little in the way of solving the problems that caused the loss.

51 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Who vouched for LVE? How much does JG hold back the defense (the real problem). Will firing him result in an improvement in the big picture? If he does get fired who do we hire?

FIRE HIM!!!!!!!!!! is the knee jerk reaction after a bitter loss but it bears little in the way of solving the problems that caused the loss.

We tell Jerry to use everything in his money arsenal to bring in Lincoln Riley.