Pack at Dallas Post Game: Four and One

mikebpackfan

Just now, incognito_man said:

Don't underestimate this win. This was a huge road win coming off a tough loss. Jumping out to a 31-3 lead on a team like Dallas on the road should give everyone confidence in this coaching staff. Goddam.

Be happy, drink GOOD whiskey. I am.

I fixed it for you!

Jaire Alexander had his *** handed to him all day long by Amari Cooper, but it's impressive that the defense played so well (for most of the game anyway) when one of its best players had an off day. Good as Alexander is, maybe he's not ready to guard top quality receivers one-on-one. 

2 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

Jaire Alexander had his *** handed to him all day long by Amari Cooper, but it's impressive that the defense played so well (for most of the game anyway) when one of its best players had an off day. Good as Alexander is, maybe he's not ready to guard top quality receivers one-on-one. 

Maybe Alexander is ailing in some way, or has an injury we don’t know about?  He sure looks off his game.

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Don't underestimate this win. This was a huge road win coming off a tough loss. Jumping out to a 31-3 lead on a team like Dallas on the road should give everyone confidence in this coaching staff. Goddam.

Be happy, drink whiskey. I am.

Huge win. Gonna enjoy this one for at least another day then it's on to Detroit. Big division game against a sneaky good team on Monday night. 

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Maybe Alexander is ailing in some way, or has an injury we don’t know about?  He sure looks off his game.

Looked like he looked to me all year.  Got beat on double moves for big plays because he is so aggressive.  Was beat on a perfect sideline pass that required a great catch.  I don't know how many cb's who can flip and accelerate on a double move with 0 coverage vs a WR like Cooper.  

It was good to see Will Redmond make a couple of plays. He was great on that option play, defending it single-handedly. 

Somebody mentioned Lucas Patrick earlier. He also deserves props, although it may have been a different story if his (apparently) errant snap wasn't snagged by Aaron Jones and turned into a 10-yard gain. 

25 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

I'm glad we now have a coach who's not afraid to give Aaron Jones plenty of carries. This game made me question the coaching a little though. I didn't like the taunting from our players (Aaron Jones and Zadarius Smith), and of course I didn't like the inept defense in the last 20 minutes or so of the game. They have to clean some things up.

But for the second week in a row, Aaron Rodgers looked like his old self. His avoidance of turnovers is taken for granted by fans, but once again, this was one of the main reasons we won. Dan Prescott threw three interceptions, while Rodgers never really even came close to throwing one. 

Aaron Jones was great, except of course for his ridiculous 10-yard loss when they were trying to put the game away (another undisciplined play that makes me wonder about the coaching). Somehow the announcers totally missed the obvious story that he is from Texas, so this was a big game for him. 

It was still a nice win in spite of all the weirdness in the second half. 

Rodgers was 22/34 for 238 yards, 0TDs, and 0 INTs with a passer rating of 85.2. The only way this was looking like his old self is if you mean that he is now old, and he looked like himself of the last few years. 

He was a rock solid game manager. 

• Like 1