Pack at Dallas Post Game: Four and One

mikebpackfan

Since the GDT devolved into a stupid receiver discussion, might as well fire up this bad boy.

Hard to say about this game.  We owned the first half except for more 1st and goal ineptitude.  

Was very happy we opened the third with a D stop and a TD.  Nice change from early in the season.  

Then, the last 18 minutes were a combo of some ridiculous plays from Dallas and some defensive ineptitude.  Don't like it, but not sure how much stock to put in it.  If we were on the losing side, people would write it off as just garbage time inconsequential play.  

4-1, repeat x100

I'm glad we now have a coach who's not afraid to give Aaron Jones plenty of carries. This game made me question the coaching a little though. I didn't like the taunting from our players (Aaron Jones and Zadarius Smith), and of course I didn't like the inept defense in the last 20 minutes or so of the game. They have to clean some things up.

But for the second week in a row, Aaron Rodgers looked like his old self. His avoidance of turnovers is taken for granted by fans, but once again, this was one of the main reasons we won. Dan Prescott threw three interceptions, while Rodgers never really even came close to throwing one. 

Aaron Jones was great, except of course for his ridiculous 10-yard loss when they were trying to put the game away (another undisciplined play that makes me wonder about the coaching). Somehow the announcers totally missed the obvious story that he is from Texas, so this was a big game for him. 

It was still a nice win in spite of all the weirdness in the second half. 

Lily Zhao:

The Smith Brothers combined for 3 total sacks and 6 QB hits.

Preston Smith cont.: “We were disrespected by somebody who said we didn't have leadership up front. We're not saying the name to make him more famous.”

Za’Darius Smith finishes: “We printed out some papers & put that in the defensive room. To have that motivation... we’re 4-1.”