Pack at Dallas Post Game: Four and One

mikebpackfan

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I've already come to the conclusion Jackson is a bust as a CB. I had him rated as such after watching him at the Combine.

We'll either play him at S which is his true pro position, or he'll be cut next off-season cause Brown is better than him and Holloman will be next year.

Well, the good news is he was playing safety this game from what I could tell.

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I'm sad that we play the Lions next week off their bye, the Raiders week 7 off their bye, and the Chiefs week 8 off a mini-bye from playing Thursday night. 

Oaklnd is 3-13 since 2003 on games coming after their bye. Thats the worst team off a bye in the NFL.  We got this.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/trend/win_trends/is_after_bye?range=yearly_since_2003

14 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I sure hope Rapoport is right about Savage.

He was literally walking around the sidelines the entire second half of yesterday's game (the camera and talking heads panned him several times actually).  In fact, I thought they might actually put him back the game.  If they thought it was serious, at the very least they would've had him elevate the ankle and wrap it with a bag of ice.  

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

We'll either play him at S which is his true pro position, or he'll be cut next off-season cause Brown is better than him and Holloman will be next year.

Kind of a square peg in a round hole situation.  He was pretty clearly an off-ball CB or a S.  Would rather we just start moving the ball and transition him into a safety full time.  He clearly doesn't the ability to play man coverage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I have to imagine they were planned for, however.  We know Patrick has a history of snapping wide in the shotgun, so you line up Jones close to Rodgers with instructions to just attack the corner if it comes to the RB.

Eh I doubt that quite a bit. It was just good fortune that the ball was snapped to Jones’ side and he’s had enough experience in a backfield not to freak out and still run the play despite a hiccup at the beginning

1 minute ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Eh I doubt that quite a bit. It was just good fortune that the ball was snapped to Jones’ side and he’s had enough experience in a backfield not to freak out and still run the play despite a hiccup at the beginning

I don't think that's "luck". Probably Patrick saw Jones when he peeked back and aimed for him instead. A mistake m, but of a different variety IMO.

58 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't think that's "luck". Probably Patrick saw Jones when he peeked back and aimed for him instead. A mistake m, but of a different variety IMO.

The so called direct snap to Jones actually worked to the Packers favor as it shaved time off for Jones to hit the opening before it closed. Maybe they could add a direct snap play once in a awhile to keep the defense guessing.