Pack at Dallas Post Game: Four and One

mikebpackfan

1 hour ago, mikebpackfan said:

I think Micah Hyde is a reasonable comparison.  So, I guess we let him go to some other team after his contract is up so he can blossom. 

I have a friend here who is a Bills fan and he just LOVES Micah Hyde.  That was one that unfortunately we let get away.

39 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

that's not even a close comparison at all.  Micah Hyde was someone the FANS hated, but the coaching staff loved.  He played slightly out of position here, but he was always one of the top 5-6 DBs on this team, and always played a ton of snaps regardless of opponent since his rookie year.

Jackson is a guy the coaching staff is actively avoiding putting on the field until injuries force their hand.  They are reluctant to play their 2nd round DB over will redmond and raven greene and the list goes on.

Huh?   I don't recall anybody hating Hyde.  I recall folks lamenting that he left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Huh?   I don't recall anybody hating Hyde.  I recall folks lamenting that he left.

Lots of people hated on Hyde because he was stuck playing man coverage on WRs. Most of us also said see ya later when the Bills paid him $6m a year. 

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Lots of people hated on Hyde because he was stuck playing man coverage on WRs. Most of us also said see ya later when the Bills paid him $6m a year. 

Some did yes. I thought he was a really good punt returner and a serviceable slot guy. Never thought about him at safety. Good for all player and a really good tackler. Good for Buffalo that it works out. 

1 minute ago, PACKRULE said:
6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Some did yes. I thought he was a really good punt returner and a serviceable slot guy. Never thought about him at safety. Good for all player and a really good tackler. Good for Buffalo that it works out. 

I think playing Hyde at corner and NOT safety was one of the most complained about things on this site, same as playing Hayward outside. The first one it seemed so obvious, the 2nd one we were all dead wrong, as we all see what he turned in to on the Chargers

Has anyone thanked Josh Jones for this victory yet? I mean, is it coincidence that Dallas brings him in 4 days before the game so he can drop some knowledge on them and then we proceed to break the brakes off the Cowboys for the first 3 quarters of the game? Jones is an underrated hero in this win. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

I honestly do not remember this being the case at all.

heading into the washington playoff game I personally was a fairly big detractor of his.  Other folks were of a similar mindset.

He would get beat deep in man coverage.  He would give up TDs in man coverage.

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Jackson is pretty close to being cut. There's really no other way to slice it when it takes 3+ injuries to see the field, is there?

Right, lets take a few million cap hit and cut him so we can... do what? Add someone with as much or less of an impact?

Edited by snackattack
  • Like 2

The Packers were patient with Montravious Adams and Vince Biegel because they both missed time in OTAs, TC due to injury
At that time, we talked about how much of a setback it is for young guys to miss that valuable coaching/technique time in the offseason. In the case of Adams, its working out. For Biegel, not so much

Josh Jackson had an abbreviated college career and a pro career stunted by injury.
Writing him off now isn't consistent with what we've seen from this front office and makes no sense from a roster building or cap management perspective

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Man, Sullivan was a pleasant surprise.

Yeah, that was a great interception, and he had another great one in the preseason. I'm still not sure if he is more of a safety or a CB. Maybe it doesn't matter much when he is the #6 DB on the field. 

5 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I remember most people being pretty pleased with his production for a 5th-rnd pick and being comfortable with him as the extra DB in nickel/dime looks. At the time he left, people were still fine with the Burnett/HHCD combo at safety and did not want to pay $6m for a SCB. Doesn't mean they hated him. Most of the griping was about Gunter & Randall on the boundary.