Pack at Dallas Post Game: Four and One

mikebpackfan

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Really Brett? 

yeah, next season? you don't think he's close to the roster bubble?  

Like, what are we calling end of the roster guys now?  Maybe close to cut is a little dramatic, but he's definitely running out of time here.  Nothing is gonna happen this season, and especially not if we are under the current S/DB numbers crunch with a bunch of guys hurt.  

But realistically the guy looks like Pat Lee out there and he isn't getting any better in his obvious areas of weakness.

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

The hell is the point in cutting him? What are we gaining from doing that?

yeah I should have been more clear I guess.  He's close to being cut next season, when guys get cut.  Maybe maybe we get some sort of late round pick for him at the deadline, but I doubt it when we are so injured.

6 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

yeah I should have been more clear I guess.  He's close to being cut next season, when guys get cut.  Maybe maybe we get some sort of late round pick for him at the deadline, but I doubt it when we are so injured.

I just dont see us trading him even in year 2. Next year yes if he cant even beat out say Hollman/Sullivan. I'd still keep him at least as our 4th guy unless he is unhappy and wants to be traded similar to Josh Jones but I dont see him as the kind of guy to be like that. I get hes a 2nd round pick, but if hes quality depth hang onto him as long as you can.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

7 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I just dont see us trading him even in year 2. Next year yes if he cant even beat out say Hollman/Sullivan. I'd still keep him at least as our 4th guy unless he is unhappy and wants to be traded similar to Josh Jones but I dont see him as the kind of guy to be like that. I get hes a 2nd round pick, but if hes quality depth hang onto him as long as you can.

He seems to be on the Josh Jones fast track, but for different reasons.

Hopefully this staff actually has a coherent plan for how to deploy him going into next year, but barring that he won't have to make a stink to get off the team, that will probably take care of itself.

6 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

He seems to be on the Josh Jones fast track, but for different reasons.

Hopefully this staff actually has a coherent plan for how to deploy him going into next year, but barring that he won't have to make a stink to get off the team, that will probably take care of itself.

We'll see, I think next training camp will be telling. Or if our depth continues to be tested and he gives up big plays. 

Andy Herman: 

Ok this is pretty crazy.
First half, Kevin King plays consistently, 0 points allowed.
1st series of 2nd half, King plays, 0 points.
He gets taken out midway through a drive in the 3rd qtr & Dallas goes: FG, TD, TD.
King back in - King INT.
King out - 2 plays TD for Dallas.

• Like 2

What a great effing season so far
After the Offseason of Uncertainty, its been a blast to watch this much - doubted team get off to a hot start
If the playoffs started today, the Packers would be # 2 seed and at home resting for wild card weekend ( GB wins tiebreaker vs Saints)

Still a long ways to go in this marathon, but a hell of a start for Team 101

135px-Green_Bay_Packers_wordmark.svg.png

4 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

yeah, next season? you don't think he's close to the roster bubble?  

Cmon dude. Everyone's with you here if he does nothing. But give us that context first. 

He could easily see time this year (knock on wood)

If you say he's donzo after this year, fine, I'm close. Saying he's close to a cut sounds like this coming weeks

Edited by Norm

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman: 

Ok this is pretty crazy.
First half, Kevin King plays consistently, 0 points allowed.
1st series of 2nd half, King plays, 0 points.
He gets taken out midway through a drive in the 3rd qtr & Dallas goes: FG, TD, TD.
King back in - King INT.
King out - 2 plays TD for Dallas.

Watching the highlights, the Cowboys were getting big chunks of yards with wide open receivers. The turnovers and some timely sacks were the key.