Pack at Dallas Post Game: Four and One

mikebpackfan

5 hours ago, Norm said:

Cmon dude. Everyone's with you here if he does nothing. But give us that context first. 

He could easily see time this year (knock on wood)

If you say he's donzo after this year, fine, I'm close. Saying he's close to a cut sounds like this coming weeks

I still don't think he's close regardless. I've never been a fan personally but loved the spot we got him in. He was pretty raw out of Iowa, only starting one year and I think the staff knew that.

He'd be a second rounder, who isn't making much money going into his third year. The reward of him figuring it out is much greater than the risk of him being a like extra DB.

16 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Has anyone thanked Josh Jones for this victory yet? I mean, is it coincidence that Dallas brings him in 4 days before the game so he can drop some knowledge on them and then we proceed to break the brakes off the Cowboys for the first 3 quarters of the game? Jones is an underrated hero in this win. 

I still maintain that the victory needs to be attributed to two very key things...

1) I put Prescott and Elliott on my FanDuel team.  (Of note, I did not put Cooper on there.)

2) The Kumerow effect.

• Like 2

Jimmy's blocking gets memed to death to the degree it's impossible to tell who's serious and not in here, but just in case there's nothing unusual about that play for Graham.  He's done it a bunch in Green Bay over the past two years.  He's a 6'6", 260 lb TE; if he couldn't block Jeff Heath into the shadow realm it would baffle physics.  The problem is despite his size and strength he rarely shows the ability to move bigger players much at all; it's part technique and part lacking the nasty streak you need to move a 250 lb man somewhere he really doesn't want to go.  That's the reason you don't want him inline.  He's not actually that bad of a blocker, he's just a bad blocker given how damn big he is. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Jimmy's blocking gets memed to death to the degree it's impossible to tell who's serious and not in here, but just in case there's nothing unusual about that play for Graham.  He's done it a bunch in Green Bay over the past two years.  He's a 6'6", 260 lb TE; if he couldn't block Jeff Heath into the shadow realm it would baffle physics.  The problem is despite his size and strength he rarely shows the ability to move bigger players much at all; it's part technique and part lacking the nasty streak you need to move a 250 lb man somewhere he really doesn't want to go.  That's the reason you don't want him inline.  He's not actually that bad of a blocker, he's just a bad blocker given how damn big he is. 

Preach sir

18 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

^^^

MrBobGray is Harry Potter and Leader is Voldemort.  Or vice versa depending on your outlook.  One rises in power as the other falls.  Neither can live while the other survives.

Anyway, well said.

Here's a cutup from Ben Fennell at The Athletic showing Jones and the blocking vs Dallas

Getting the defense to “split” is the general concept of dividing frontside and backside blocks, so that the runner has a defined lane to pursue.

Some of these plays create a natural split by having the defense overflow laterally, as the Cowboys did on this lead toss play for 11 yards. Jones did a great job reading the aggressive linebackers on the second level. Watch LG Elgton Jenkins work back to seal SS Jeff Heath and create a nice crease in the defense.

Jones got in the end zone on a split-zone concept, dividing the defense on a zone run. This is a stretch outside zone run, but notice TE Jimmy Graham working back across the formation to cut DE Demarcus Lawrence. Also, watch RT Bryan Bulaga seal LB Jaylon Smith and open a perfect cutback lane for Jones to attack.

https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uploads/2019/10/08230840/1-CUTBACK-RUNS.mp4

Packers Wire:

After four weeks of borderline All-Pro play, Green Bay Packers cornerback Jaire Alexander was brought back to earth by Amari Cooper and the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday at AT&T Stadium. The young, confident cornerback will need to bounce back from a tough afternoon in Dallas.

According to Pro Football Focus, Alexander allowed 201 receiving yards, seven first downs and one touchdown against his coverage during the Packers’ 34-24 win over the Cowboys. Cooper finished the afternoon with 11 catches for a career-high 226 yards and one touchdown.