Pack at Dallas Post Game: Four and One

mikebpackfan

4 minutes ago, waterfish_21 said:

Watching all the all 22's from the last 2 years Rodgers faces 2 deep or more coverage a lot more than his opponents in the same game.  Maybe I can dig out my spreadsheet somewhere.  But yeah stats don't mean everything.

It's going to be vastly different with the offensive shift. You're not going to see 2 deep anywhere near as much when you're only playing 2.5 WRs per snap. 

2 minutes ago, waterfish_21 said:

Watching all the all 22's from the last 2 years Rodgers faces 2 deep or more coverage a lot more than his opponents in the same game.  Maybe I can dig out my spreadsheet somewhere.  But yeah stats don't mean everything.

So then you are probably happy when you see him making those dump off throws, or when he doesn't audible out of running plays. Show me all the MM offensive cover 2 opponents you got. This isn't that offense. It's a young offense, and it needs to be better, but Aaron has looked good the last two weeks. My point wasn't to create a rabbit hole here. My point was to say it's early in the season. We have two big conference, one division wins on the road and we are 4-1... Quote me again @Norm! I'm just saying Mahomes even had a **** night. A lot of players are going off with huge numbers. It's an offensive league now. The way to win in the NFL is a game plan that has you in the right position when it counts, and health. That is all I meant. I'm sorry if I angered anyone.

On the redzone series that had us settling for a field goal I was pretty ticked by the pass play from a personnel group that seemed to have no receivers. Then the next play Aaron fired an uncatchable ball at a receiver like one second after the snap.

I still don’t think we’re done getting better, and I love some of the offensive wrinkles, but sometimes a switch flips and the offense just looks wrinkled—unkempt and ugly.

Just now, Uffdaswede said:

On the redzone series that had us settling for a field goal I was pretty ticked by the pass play from a personnel group that seemed to have no receivers. Then the next play Aaron fired an uncatchable ball at a receiver like one second after the snap.

I still don’t think we’re done getting better, and I love some of the offensive wrinkles, but sometimes a switch flips and the offense just looks wrinkled—unkempt and ugly.

Our RPO game continues to be a dumpster fire. They're not going to scrap it in the redzone, but they ought to. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

So then you are probably happy when you see him making those dump off throws, or when he doesn't audible out of running plays. Show me all the MM offensive cover 2 opponents you got. This isn't that offense. It's a young offense, and it needs to be better, but Aaron has looked good the last two weeks. My point wasn't to create a rabbit hole here. My point was to say it's early in the season. We have two big conference, one division wins on the road and we are 4-1... Quote me again @Norm! I'm just saying Mahomes even had a **** night. A lot of players are going off with huge numbers. It's an offensive league now. The way to win in the NFL is a game plan that has you in the right position when it counts, and health. That is all I meant. I'm sorry if I angered anyone.

I'm happy when we win and we play well on defense.  Also no stupid stuff, like false starts, 12 men on field, etc.  I don't care about stats.  I observe and watch how games play out base on how teams/coaches like to match up with their personal.  Stats mean almost 0 to me, outside fantasy and win loss.  Also my post wasn't to attack anyone's, its just an observation I've made.

2 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

The uncatchable ball looked to be an attempt at a low pass to the slant.  If it gets around the dudes helmet, it's either a TD or an incompletion.  The Packers have used that low-ball slant for several years, as I'm guessing a low-risk play.  Sure looked funky hitting the helmet though. 

9 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

love rashan posting a low light and hyping hiimself. vintage rashan 

It wasn't his best play by any means but the athleticism is rather impressive and encouraging.  He charges fwd before realizing he messed up, changes direction and sprints in the opposite direction and almost gets in position to make a play.  Pretty remarkable at that size.  

• Like 1

Sullivan made a few really nice plays. His interception was great and the break up in the endzone that led to Redmonds interception that got called back was really good as well.

I know Tre Carson gets a lot of crap around here and he is about as JAG as JAG gets but I thought he stepped up nicely coming from the PS and was solid for what was asked of him. There really doesn't seem to be much drop off from Williams to him IMO. 

Was hoping to see a little more of Shepard and thought he was going to haul in that TD. It also sucked that Tonyan got hurt early in that game, I wouldn't of been surprised if he had a breakout game with our lack of options.

Was nice to see Pettine play two ILB's early in the game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

Sullivan made a few really nice plays. His interception was great and the break up in the endzone that led to Redmonds interception that got called back was really good as well.

I know Tre Carson gets a lot of crap around here and he is about as JAG as JAG gets but I thought he stepped up nicely coming from the PS and was solid for what was asked of him. There really doesn't seem to be much drop off from Williams to him IMO. 

Was hoping to see a little more of Shepard and thought he was going to haul in that TD. It also sucked that Tonyan got hurt early in that game, I wouldn't of been surprised if he had a breakout game with our lack of options.

Was nice to see Pettine play two ILB's early in the game. 

Ya Carson is nothing special but he wasnt horrible as people made him out to be in the preseason. Had a nice couple runs and catches