Position query from a UK fan

UK101fan

Hi guys I'm a new fan from the UK just wanna know what kind of position id best suit there is a local league near me and my local uni field a side of sorts ....I'm 22  5foot 11 181 cm and 254 lbs played rugby most my life I'm fit and can move .... currently complete at a regional level in Oly lifting....asking more out of curiosity than anything

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UK101fan said:

Hi guys I'm a new fan from the UK just wanna know what kind of position id best suit there is a local league near me and my local uni field a side of sorts ....I'm 22  5foot 11 181 cm and 254 lbs played rugby most my life I'm fit and can move .... currently complete at a regional level in Oly lifting....asking more out of curiosity than anything

Size profile probably fits linebacker best.

254 is pretty big for 5’11”. I’ve never seen such a size in the NFL at any position. I’m assuming you may have too much muscle for your frame and you might lack a lot of agility in football which is definitely needed. 

You may be able to pull off a short MLB role but I think your best bet is to cut 20-25lbs and try to be a traditional fullback. 

On 10/7/2019 at 9:17 PM, UK101fan said:

assuming you were a prop in rugby? 

On 07/10/2019 at 9:18 PM, BayRaider said:

254 is pretty big for 5’11”. I’ve never seen such a size in the NFL at any position. I’m assuming you may have too much muscle for your frame and you might lack a lot of agility in football which is definitely needed. 

You may be able to pull off a short MLB role but I think your best bet is to cut 20-25lbs and try to be a traditional fullback. 

I've seen slot of people say that the role of a fullback has changed loads over the years  ...what is the general role of a full back to block or act as a another running option ? 

1 minute ago, UK101fan said:

I've seen slot of people say that the role of a fullback has changed loads over the years  ...what is the general role of a full back to block or act as a another running option ? 

Both.

On teams like the 49ers and Raiders, the Fullback is actually the main ingredient to the run game.

On 10/7/2019 at 1:18 PM, BayRaider said:

The guy is asking to play in a club team he's not trying to go pro... Cutting 25lbs???Come on now. Bad advice. 

I do agree with linebacker/fullback but I actually think your best position could be TE. You're like a hybrid offensive lineman who can catch passes. If you can run well, it could be a good position for you. 

We have no idea what kind of scheme they run, they may not use a full back. 

Edited by N4L

13 hours ago, N4L said:

The guy is asking to play in a club team he's not trying to go pro... Cutting 25lbs???Come on now. Bad advice. 

I do agree with linebacker/fullback but I actually think your best position could be TE. You're like a hybrid offensive lineman who can catch passes. If you can run well, it could be a good position for you. 

We have no idea what kind of scheme they run, they may not use a full back. 

Haha yeah to be clear I have no delusions of somehow making it to the NFL 😂 I am a big fan though andi do wanna be the best player I can possible be ...which is why I wanted to get an idea of position to focus my attention on to optimise my game ...I like the idea of being a TE and especially if it doesn't involve cutting weight haha ...when you say they might not even use a fullback ...this is where some of my confusion comes from do not all teams play a full back or a traditional one anyway ? Again I'm new so just getting to grips with it all haha cheers