Jay Gruden fired; Bill Calahan to be named interim HC

evilpimp972

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Do they? I don't see much talent on the offensive side of the ball. It's actually pretty barren without Trent Williams - Guice and Reed can't stay healthy, AP is 33, Chris Thompson is a very situation specific player, Terry McLaurin is talented but nowhere close to a #1 yet...

Defensively, maybe they're talented - but that offense is far from talented, and that defense isn't talented enough to compensate for that.

Well, I'm definitely looking at a glance and definitely looking at their defensive talent. You will be amazed what you can get out of a team when you have at least competent coaching

57 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

It's crazy how Snyder can be the owner of the Redskins for 20 years, largely be a complete, and utter failure due to getting too involved, and not think to take a step back. 

I mean, the dude is only rich cause he had a rich family to support him, of course he thinks he earned his money by being a genius. Once people like that get their first taste of success, they will never ever be introspective again. Every single year the Redskins are the biggest joke in the league and yet I guarantee you her blames it on someone else every time.

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Well, I'm definitely looking at a glance and definitely looking at their defensive talent. You will be amazed what you can get out of a team when you have at least competent coaching

I get that part, but you only squeeze so much blood from a stone - Washington is in dire need of an offense overhaul at pretty much every spot (unless Trent Williams decides to return next season, which is highly unlikely). Brandon Scherff is a quality starter, so you have that at least...

Defensively, they do have a really good front seven - one that could be in the "best in the league" discussion, actually. The secondary makes too much money for the results they're getting, so that's another retooling (but I think you're committed to both Josh Norman and Landon Collins, given the money they make? Norman might be expendable, but Collins is there for better or worse).

It's not the worst rebuild situation you'll see, but it's not a ready made team. You have to rip it down to the foundation (that front seven) and then go from there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

It's crazy how Snyder can be the owner of the Redskins for 20 years, largely be a complete, and utter failure due to getting too involved, and not think to take a step back. 

How many owners actually care about winning vs just making money? Doubt Snyder cares about the product on the field? Fans still show up to games and the NFL still has TV deals.

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

How many owners actually care about winning vs just making money? Doubt Snyder cares about the product on the field? Fans still show up to games and the NFL still has TV deals.

Fans do not show up to Redskins games though, and their tv ratings have been abysmal lately.  

Edited by MKnight82

8 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Wasn't he a long time Redskins fan? I think he cares about the product, but he wants to micromanage, and essentially be the hero or visionary behind the turnaround, which ain't happening. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

For all of snyder's failings, I do think he is actually interested in winning. Which makes his perpetual failure even more damning, tbh

I feel bad for the next head coach hired by the Redskins.  I feel like they have nothing going for them. 

How is Jonathan Allen looking?
How is Da'Ron Payne looking? 

If both of them are looking legit, I might have to change my mind.  Starting with a dominant interior pass rush is not the worst way to build a franchise these days, but the rest of that roster just looks all sorts of meh. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I feel bad for the next head coach hired by the Redskins.  I feel like they have nothing going for them. 

How is Jonathan Allen looking?
How is Da'Ron Payne looking? 

If both of them are looking legit, I might have to change my mind.  Starting with a dominant interior pass rush is not the worst way to build a franchise these days, but the rest of that roster just looks all sorts of meh. 

Last I checked, Jonathan Allen hasn't looked like anything special but I heard good things about Payne