Jump to content
evilpimp972

Jay Gruden fired; Bill Calahan to be named interim HC

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

So, Oakland? That's got to be his next destination, right?

*Las Vegas

I don't know if we will bring him in this year or wait until next year. But I'm guessing he will be our OC/AHC at some point. 

Come to think of it though, we do have our bye week now and it would be the best time to bring him in if we do plan on doing it this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Last I checked, Jonathan Allen hasn't looked like anything special but I heard good things about Payne

I mean, Allen did have 8 sacks last year, which is pretty damn good for an interior DL, especially when your DC only rushes 3 like 90% of the time. He’s also a strong run defender. 

Payne likely is and definitely will be the better player though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I mean, Allen did have 8 sacks last year, which is pretty damn good for an interior DL, especially when your DC only rushes 3 like 90% of the time. He’s also a strong run defender. 

Payne likely is and definitely will be the better player though. 

Oh ok. I  might've heard this prior to last season, idk, haven't been keeping tabs with the Skins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When's the last head coach that got fired by week 5 I feel like it's rare. 

Bobby Petrino resigned from the Falcons before finishing the year not sure how much time he put in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

When's the last head coach that got fired by week 5 I feel like it's rare. 

Bobby Petrino resigned from the Falcons before finishing the year not sure how much time he put in.

Bruce Coslet was fired after week 3 in 2000.

Mike Martz was fired after Week 5 in 2005.

Scott Linehan and Lane Kiffin were fired after Week 4 in 2008.

Dennis Allen was fired after Week 4 in 2014.

Joe Philbin was fired after Week 4 in 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Also, odds the Bengals fire Taylor and bring back Jay at the end of the year, assuming the Bengals keep their current trend? 

About 0%.  There was a much chance that they hired Hue last year, and that never really materialized.

Taylor is going to get 3 years, no matter how poorly 2019 and 2020 go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, theJ said:

About 0%.  There was a much chance that they hired Hue last year, and that never really materialized.

Taylor is going to get 3 years, no matter how poorly 2019 and 2020 go.

Poor Bengals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jay has always been known for his laziness and lack of attention to detail, which McVay covered for while he was here. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Bruce Coslet was fired after week 3 in 2000.

Mike Martz was fired after Week 5 in 2005.

Scott Linehan and Lane Kiffin were fired after Week 4 in 2008.

Dennis Allen was fired after Week 4 in 2014.

Joe Philbin was fired after Week 4 in 2015.

That's not good lol I don't remember all of the first half of the list and who they coached, but it's a bad pattern to be in.

-I know one was Detroit and that franchise suffered a decent amount since then. 

-Philbin was dolphins who are still trying to find their way 5 years later.

-Dennis Allen led to a short one hit wonder season for Jack Del rio 12-4.

Overall, this move doesn't scream long term stability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Poor Bengals

tbh i'm ok with it.  Right now they're getting poor play from guys who are supposed to be their cornerstones.  I think we need to give Taylor some time to reformat the roster to his liking before we really judge him.  Particularly, they need a new QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

That's not good lol I don't remember all of the first half of the list and who they coached, but it's a bad pattern to be in.

-I know one was Detroit and that franchise suffered a decent amount since then. 

-Philbin was dolphins who are still trying to find their way 5 years later.

-Dennis Allen led to a short one hit wonder season for Jack Del rio 12-4.

Overall, this move doesn't scream long term stability. 

Didnt say it would - in general, firing coaches midseason isn't a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, now Callahan has replaced both Gruden brothers?  Nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap I just remembered...last time Callahan replaced a Gruden, the team went to the Super Bowl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gruden is paid for the rest of his contract correct? Or just the year? What I don't understand is Gruden was clearly on the hotseat after last year the Redskins were identifying Haskins during the college season. Why not cut bait right there.

Money doesn't seem to be the issue since they're paying him regardless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×