Jay Gruden fired; Bill Calahan to be named interim HC

evilpimp972

36 minutes ago, NFL_Advisor said:

How is Snyder not charged with Tampering... the three coaches are currently employed and one of them is already a head coach

The redskins should be charged with tampering because a reporter speculated who they would be interested in hiring at the end of the season?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Gruden is paid for the rest of his contract correct? Or just the year? What I don't understand is Gruden was clearly on the hotseat after last year the Redskins were identifying Haskins during the college season. Why not cut bait right there.

Money doesn't seem to be the issue since they're paying him regardless. 

Because this Front Office under Allen and Snyder, simply does not make good decisions. Witness how they went about Cousins. Or their refusal to trade Trent. Trading Fuller and a 3rd to a QB that won't throw downfield and then paying him $94M on top of it, etc...

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Because this Front Office under Allen and Snyder, simply does not make good decisions. Witness how they went about Cousins. Or their refusal to trade Trent. Trading Fuller and a 3rd to a QB that won't throw downfield and then paying him $94M on top of it, etc...

I know it just annoys me as a fan of an NFL not even that team. 

Like they had a former gm get fired because of a drinking problem and now the video come out of Gruden smoking something and he's fired a couple days later. 

What are they spending money on private investigators ? How about a medical staff that's respected by the players?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Can’t fault them for letting Cousins walk after what the Vikes paid to get him.

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Like they had a former gm get fired because of a drinking problem and now the video come out of Gruden smoking something and he's fired a couple days later. 

What are they spending money on private investigators ? How about a medical staff that's respected by the players?

I keep wondering if and when there's ever going to be enough of a divide among the owners that a majority make the "better business interest" argument to try and force out certain members of their club who are thorns in the sides of their respective franchises (and by effect unrealized earning potential of the league) with no sign that their deaths (morbid I know) might change that pattern like Snyder, Spanos, and so forth.  That's the sort of thing that I would advocate would be paramount to execute before any sort of expansion was ever considered.  Sadly, it's not going to happen anytime soon, especially this close to another round of CBA Negotiations, wherein the owners will have to put forward the facade of a united front.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Snakes in the grass. All of them. I seriously wish the NFL would force Snyder to sell the team. Because he's only a few years older than me. Barring a miracle, I'm on this ride the rest of my life.

I do know that I've talked with former employees and they, to a person, have told me how bad the working conditions are under Snyder. So it not only is the on-field stuff, but even back in the office (marketing, administrative, etc...).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Can’t fault them for letting Cousins walk after what the Vikes paid to get him.

It's not that. It's letting him walk for basically nothing. They knew a year in advance that they weren't gonna get him to sign and weren't gonna pay him what he wanted. At that point, they could've gotten a 1st for him (*). Instead they go another year under the tag and then release him and only get a 3rd comp pick.

(*) please don't use recency bias to say they wouldn't have gotten a 1st. At the time, he was more of a sure thing than any QB in the draft and was a Pro Bowl QB in his prime.