MNF: Browns @ 49ers

Manny/Patrick

Just now, PapaShogun said:

It doesn't matter what you believe or imagine. That's irrelevant. You don't know me as an individual, and that's a fact. 

That's fine, I meant nothing personal in anything that I said. I'm sorry if you/that you took it that way.

Oh well. Insightful discussion anyway. 

Like I said, we will agree to disagree on this issue and move on. To be fair, you being passive/aggressive with the "now that you have an informed decision" is what got me going. I know the story well inside and out. We just don't happen to share the same viewpoint.

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It gets annoyingly complicated because the team does have an obligation to negotiate "in good faith" for various legal reasons (I'm assuming it has to do with the anti-trust exemptions, but I'm not a lawyer).

The practical reality is that owners who threaten to move take advantage of the fact that the members of the city have an emotional attachment to the team, and convert that emotional attachment into political pressure to extort money from local politicians. Is that illegal? No. But if the best defense to something is that it's not technically illegal, that's basically an admission that it's a **** move of the highest order.

At the end of the day, it's sports. The Rams moving isn't that big a deal or something that actually impacts my life. I'll root against them, and consider anyone who was a St. Louis fan that stayed with them a coward with no self-respect. When Stan Kroenke dies, webby may as well just auto-ban me because it's gonna be a troll fest. But it's still just sports.

Yes, it's just sports at the end of the day. Knowing how broke the city of Oakland is, I applaud their decision not to pony up and fund a new stadium. There are more pressing concerns. 

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:
11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It gets annoyingly complicated because the team does have an obligation to negotiate "in good faith" for various legal reasons (I'm assuming it has to do with the anti-trust exemptions, but I'm not a lawyer).

The practical reality is that owners who threaten to move take advantage of the fact that the members of the city have an emotional attachment to the team, and convert that emotional attachment into political pressure to extort money from local politicians. Is that illegal? No. But if the best defense to something is that it's not technically illegal, that's basically an admission that it's a **** move of the highest order.

At the end of the day, it's sports. The Rams moving isn't that big a deal or something that actually impacts my life. I'll root against them, and consider anyone who was a St. Louis fan that stayed with them a coward with no self-respect. When Stan Kroenke dies, webby may as well just auto-ban me because it's gonna be a troll fest. But it's still just sports.

Yes, it's just sports at the end of the day. Knowing how broke the city of Oakland is, I applaud their decision not to pony up and fund a new stadium. There are more pressing concerns. 

You ignored half of what I said. It's also a **** move of the highest order for the A's to not pony up for their own stadium. The MLB is drowning in cash from their TV deals, and has cut player expenses by more than 20% relative to their revenue over the last 10 years.

For the A's to expect a poor city to subsidize their stadium or threaten to leave fans that were loyal to them is completely ****ty. My official opinion on John FischerSteve Schott is that he can get hit by a bus.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That's fine, I meant nothing personal in anything that I said. I'm sorry if you/that you took it that way.

Like I said, we will agree to disagree on this issue and move on. To be fair, you being passive/aggressive with the "now that you have an informed decision" is what got me going. I know the story well inside and out. We just don't happen to share the same viewpoint.

Didn't know if you knew since you initially responded with "LOL". 

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You ignored half of what I said. It's also a **** move of the highest order for the A's to not pony up for their own stadium. The MLB is drowning in cash from their TV deals, and has cut player expenses by more than 20% relative to their revenue over the last 10 years.

For the A's to expect a poor city to subsidize their stadium or threaten to leave fans that were loyal to them is completely ****ty. My official opinion on Steve Schott is that he can get hit by a bus.

No...I read what you said. I just agreed with your main point that you outlined towards the end of your statement. At least what I thought was your main point ("At the end of the day...")

And I wasn't talking about the Oakland A's. 

Edited by PapaShogun

No...I read what you said. I just agreed with your main point that you outlined towards the end of your statement. At least what I thought was your main point ("At the end of the day...")

Both things are true. I'm not going to pretend that I'm the victim of something horrifying or anything, but that doesn't mean that taking fandom and converting it to tax dollars by extorting local politicians is anything other than predatory and evil.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Both things are true. I'm not going to pretend that I'm the victim of something horrifying or anything, but that doesn't mean that taking fandom and converting it to tax dollars by extorting local politicians is anything other than predatory and evil.

Oh yeah it's screwed up definitely. Not arguing that. I guess I just see that type of evil as always a possibility with a sports franchise in America. They can just up and leave essentially any time, because the city doesn't own the team. 

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Everything Colin said it that video is 100% spot on

A lot of it was, but I don’t agree with Jarvis Landry being a core 4 piece. Also i don’t think you can trade OBJ this quick. I was a big Baker fan coming out, but you can’t run your mouth continuously and regress like he has. Less touchdowns, lower comp % and more picks than Josh Allen with a TON more talent around him and JA gets shredded.

3 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

A lot of it was, but I don’t agree with Jarvis Landry being a core 4 piece. Also i don’t think you can trade OBJ this quick. I was a big Baker fan coming out, but you can’t run your mouth continuously and regress like he has. Less touchdowns, lower comp % and more picks than Josh Allen with a TON more talent around him and JA gets shredded.

Josh Allen has a lot more upside than Baker.

I agree I dont even think the future at WR is on that team right now. Idk if you can trade OBJ, only team I can think of that might be worth while is Washington for Trent Williams.

I didnt like Bakers antics when he came out. I wasnt a fan of him at all. I was surprised at how well he did last season. What we are seeing right now, its what I expected of him coming out. I'm not necessarily saying he cant get back to where he was last season but it's also not as simple as the flick of a switch. He needs to stfu and focus on his job

It's annoying how many commercials he's in after doing F-all, and how he and the team were ramped up all off-season, but it's become open season on him probably a bit unfairly

The Herd, Voice of Reason both bringing out the height thing, the putting on of weight, the double walk-on stuff - this was true of last season too (minus the weightgain 3000) but they didn't mention it then. He's flawed, let' give him the season to see if he works through it before calling him a fat stupid hobbit (although I did agree with a lot of what Colin said....)

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Josh Allen has a lot more upside than Baker.

I agree I dont even think the future at WR is on that team right now. Idk if you can trade OBJ, only team I can think of that might be worth while is Washington for Trent Williams.

I didnt like Bakers antics when he came out. I wasnt a fan of him at all. I was surprised at how well he did last season. What we are seeing right now, its what I expected of him coming out. I'm not necessarily saying he cant get back to where he was last season but it's also not as simple as the flick of a switch. He needs to stfu and focus on his job

I’m still rooting for my Lake Erie brethren, they need to get him an offensive line, as @Thelonebillsfan has said, he’s going to start developing the shakes and ruin his career.

I originally had the Bills losing in Cleveland in a month but now i think with that offensive line the Buffalo defense is going to eat them alive.

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff said:

I’m still rooting for my Lake Erie brethren, they need to get him an offensive line, as @Thelonebillsfan has said, he’s going to start developing the shakes and ruin his career.

I originally had the Bills losing in Cleveland in a month but now i think with that offensive line the Buffalo defense is going to eat them alive.

Well Greg Robinson is trash first of all. Has been his whole career. He will make an occasional good Block, that's it.

The rest of that Oline is patchwork backup quality

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

If played this weekend, BUF defense would massacre them. Not sure what you'd do on offense, but Baker might actually sit down and cry against that defense. 

• Like 1