Thoughts and Observations: Week 5 Raiders

WindyCity

Why would trading for Williams light a fire under Leno? He would still get paid in Washington. Big deal. Instead ride it out and hope he goes back to 2017-2018 Leno. Anyone else think he looks fat?

Agree on Kwiatkoski. I thought they were going to come with him in the game for the 2nd half. Nope.

Everyone on the OL sucks except Whitehair.

Hopefully these injuries aren't the beginning of the end for Hicks. He's a big man in his 30's and probably only had this year and next anyway, but man seeing him limp off every week hurts.

Robinson is a beast. Miller's catch was similar to all the good he did at Memphis. His tweet postgame is sad because he evidently thinks he isn't being detrimental. Maybe less one handed pregame catches and focus on two hands, although the drop was an equally bad throw from Daniel.

Burton and Shaheen blow. Anyone want to continue to tell me that Shaheen isn't bad?

I was at the game but should Key have been called for at least running into the kicker when Pineiro went down?

Agree on almost everything else. Not sure why any OC wouldn't do exactly what Denver and now Oakland did: neutralize the pass rush with cut blocks and quick throws + some stretch runs. It shows you how awful MIN's gameplan was last week.

Saints, Chargers, @ Eagles, Lions. This season will either be finished by 3 pm week 10 or going strong. Unfortunately I fear the former.

Edited by beardown3231

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Why would trading for Williams light a fire under Leno? He would still get paid in Washington. Big deal. Instead ride it out and hope he goes back to 2017-2018 Leno. Anyone else think he looks fat?

I don't know but it looks like he got way too comfortable after signing that new deal. Maybe some one needs to reach out to his girl on twitter to see what the heck is up with him this year.  Not saying he was ever an all pro or anything but I don't remember him ever being this bad either.

And I think you got it mixed up.  We weren't saying they should trade Leno for Williams, although that would be a great trade for Bears.  We were suggesting that someone needs to light a fire under this guy's *** to let him know that his sucky play won't be tolerated.

I think Shaheen has been an okay TE receiving wise with opportunities he's had this year.

His blocking has sucked.  Raiders TEs looked 10x better which makes me sad.  

We have had a lot of unexpected suckage this year.  

Burton sucks.

Shaheen is below average. 

Roquan has had some kind of unknown melt down. 

Line blows which is biggest problem by far.

Now we are hit with injury bug.  

I feel bad for guys that came to play this year or are in a contract year.  A lot of guys seemingly mailed it in this season in their preparation.  

I think QB hasn't been our biggest issue.  

We are going nowhere and we had a stacked team on paper.  Lame. 

No dog in this fight, but....

Jordan Howard was a physical presence.  And he knew how to run tough in the NFL.  

Losing him hurts more than expected.

Cohen is flash and speed.  Not physical power.  Montgomery is what?  I don't think anyone knows yet, but for sure he isn't Jordan Howard right now.

It was good to have that physically imposing back to kind of glue the offense to the defense.  Cohen was that great change of pace guy.

No real identity on offense right now.

Losing Hicks for any time would hurt, but to be fair, the defense is going to keep the Bears in every game this year.  The offense needs to find it's identity and keep up.

We all win a game we shouldn't, and we hope to not lose a game that we should win, but that isn't how the NFL works.  You are going to be in the division race all year and there's lots of games yet to be played.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Jordan Howard was a physical presence.  And he knew how to run tough in the NFL.  

Cohen is flash and speed.  Not physical power.  Montgomery is what?  I don't think anyone knows yet, but for sure he isn't Jordan Howard right now.

It was good to have that physically imposing back to kind of glue the offense to the defense.  Cohen was that great change of pace guy.

Losing Hicks for any time would hurt, but to be fair, the defense is going to keep the Bears in every game this year.  The offense needs to find it's identity and keep up.

We all win a game we shouldn't, and we hope to not lose a game that we should win, but that isn't how the NFL works.  You are going to be in the division race all year and there's lots of games yet to be played.

Howard stunk last year and got worse as his career went on, although now it's looking like that could be the result of this deteriorating OL. Either way he isn't the answer

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

I don't know but it looks like he got way too comfortable after signing that new deal. Maybe some one needs to reach out to his girl on twitter to see what the heck is up with him this year.  Not saying he was ever an all pro or anything but I don't remember him ever being this bad either.

And I think you got it mixed up.  We weren't saying they should trade Leno for Williams, although that would be a great trade for Bears.  We were suggesting that someone needs to light a fire under this guy's *** to let him know that his sucky play won't be tolerated.

Well if the Bears were to actually want Williams or just float it out there, Leno would obviously be included in the deal because Williams is a great LT and they wouldn't allow leno to ride the pine at $10M a season

Edited by beardown3231

30 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Skill players don't matter when you can't block.   It all starts there.  We can't block in 2019.  

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Because we wouldn't trade Leno, why would Washington want him? He needs to know that you are looking at other options.

Leno would have to be included in any Williams trade. And why wouldn't Washington want Leno? Heck, he'd at least play for them...

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Burton and Shaheen blow. Anyone want to continue to tell me that Shaheen isn't bad?

How many times was he even targeted? I'll continue to tell you we don't know how good or bad he is. 

1 hour ago, malagabears said:

I myself think Nagy's answers are starting to ring a little bit hollow. All he says is they have to look at tape. He credits Oakland for being prepared. Duh!!!! Why the f*** weren't you? 

Hopefully, he's putting blame on himself. But, it didn't really sound much like that, did it? 

8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Leno would have to be included in any Williams trade. And why wouldn't Washington want Leno? Heck, he'd at least play for them...

How many times was he even targeted? I'll continue to tell you we don't know how good or bad he is

Hopefully, he's putting blame on himself. But, it didn't really sound much like that, did it? 

I heard all offseason that if he's healthy we'll all see him get better. Well he's healthy and he isn't doing anything. The guy is 6'7. If he was any good he'd be getting targets. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

I heard all offseason that if he's healthy we'll all see him get better. Well he's healthy and he isn't doing anything. The guy is 6'7. If he was any good he'd be getting targets. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...

You can certainly make the argument that he should be pushing Burton for playing time. But...as screwed up as everything is now, I don't even know if anyone could even say that with any certainty. 

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

How many times was he even targeted? I'll continue to tell you we don't know how good or bad he is. 

1. Donald Penn is better than Charles Leno.

2. Shaheen not getting targeted is because his slow *** can’t get open.