Week 6: Eagles (3-2) at VIKINGS (3-2)

swede700

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

Game 6

NFL_Eagles.gif at     NFL_Vikings.gif

When:  1:00 PM EST October 13th

Where: MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Announcers: TBD

Coverage Map:  TBD

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Eagles - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

So....why would the Vikings be having a home game at MetLife Stadium??  Did The Bank implode?  My guess is that you forgot to change the info from yesterday's game!  Hope you don't mind me having a little fun?

29 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

So....why would the Vikings be having a home game at MetLife Stadium??  Did The Bank implode?  My guess is that you forgot to change the info from yesterday's game!  Hope you don't mind me having a little fun?

Own the Jets in the offseason and the Giants during the season. MetLife is basically a second home. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Should be a good game and one MN needs to win. The Eagles pass rush worries me, didn’t they have 10 sacks yesterday? Wentz doesn’t look good this year so hopefully the defense can keep Philly under 20. 

Its the pressure and potential for Cousins turning the ball over and folding that has me worried.

4 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Have the Eagles really faced anybody who can run the ball? Just looking at their schedule so far, they haven’t really faced any impressive RBs outside of Bell,  even that game was a blowout due to the Jets playing a 3rd string QB.

Our run defense is good but not great, regardless of level of competition. Our pass rush is incredibly misleading.

Easy perspective:

First 4 games - 3 Sacks (Worst in the league through the first 4 weeks)
Yesterday - 10 Sacks.

Eagles were actually my pick for SB winners this season..they had a slightly rocky start to the season with lot of injuries but I still think they r gonna end up winning NFC East. If they can trade for a good CB and give some help to that secondary, I wouldn't be surprised to see them come out of NFC

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Their run defense is best in the league, which might mean we need Cousins to. beat them through the air. 🤢

Homefield advantage helps.

Let's go surprise the world. Even ourselves. Skol Vikings!!

Philly is awful on the back end, though. Giving up the 6th most Pass Yd/Game (just behind the Giants). They've been especially bad against receivers, giving up the most fantasy points to WRs so far. I know that's a weird metric to use, but it does highlight that their corners are still... over aggressive at best.

I think the game plan used to win the game on the road last year is still the best way to attack this Eagles defense: supplementing the running game with WR and RB screens and then taking advantage of Philly's over aggressive corners with double moves after they are irritated by giving up 5-10 yard completions. 

Cousins will have to win us the game, yes, but not a world beater to go against on the back end. Fletcher Cox could dismantle our zone runs by himself, however.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Our run defense is good but not great, regardless of level of competition. Our pass rush is incredibly misleading.

Easy perspective:

First 4 games - 3 Sacks (Worst in the league through the first 4 weeks)
Yesterday - 10 Sacks.

Thanks, this makes me feel better.

I'm glad we're finally playing you guys in Minnesota. First time since 2013. Last three meetings have been in Philly.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Have the Eagles really faced anybody who can run the ball? Just looking at their schedule so far, they haven’t really faced any impressive RBs outside of Bell,  even that game was a blowout due to the Jets playing a 3rd string QB.

Derrius Guice 10-18-0
Devonta Freeman 11-22-0
Kerryon Johnson 20-36-1
Aaron Jones 13-21-1
LeVeon Bell 15-43-0

It will be a good test for the Vikings but helps a ton they are at home.  I think the Eagles secondary is suspect and aging so they should be able to pass the ball quite well against them I feel.  Darby is out and Maddox and I think Jones but will see. They just brought in Scandrick, he had 2 sacks and a fumble recovering against the Jets, doubt he keeps that high level of play up.  Cox is not the same guy he used to be but they have good depth at DE, and Jackson is out on offense so that is a huge weapon, will see if he comes back this week without him they are a completely different type of offense.  Ertz is the #1 option all the way, should be a great matchup for Barr.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

It will be a good test for the Vikings but helps a ton they are at home.  I think the Eagles secondary is suspect and aging so they should be able to pass the ball quite well against them I feel.  Darby is out and Maddox and I think Jones but will see. They just brought in Scandrick, he had 2 sacks and a fumble recovering against the Jets, doubt he keeps that high level of play up.  Cox is not the same guy he used to be but they have good depth at DE, and Jackson is out on offense so that is a huge weapon, will see if he comes back this week without him they are a completely different type of offense.  Ertz is the #1 option all the way, should be a great matchup for Barr.

I hope we don’t put Barr on Ertz. Ugh

25 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

I hope we don’t put Barr on Ertz. Ugh

Uhhh is he or is he not our best coverage linebacker by far?  I think he is, sure we can still rush Barr a little as well and blitz him or drop Harrison on Ertz at times but Barr will be matched up plenty with Ertz potentially and I am completely fine with that on and off.

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

I sure hope an Eagles fan reminds us of the score of the NFC Title game from January 22nd 2018.

Nahhh, no need. That wasn't the most important score to be listed from that year.

4 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

Philly is awful on the back end, though. Giving up the 6th most Pass Yd/Game (just behind the Giants). They've been especially bad against receivers, giving up the most fantasy points to WRs so far. I know that's a weird metric to use, but it does highlight that their corners are still... over aggressive at best.

When you're basically down to starting your 5th String CB and 2 FA not on the roster week 1, that tends to aide with those inflated numbers. Cousins "Should" absolutely have a field day! I'd be concerned as a fan if he doesn't?

If this was a Primetime game being played, Eagles win in a laugher because Cousins Sucks in those types of games. However that's not the case, Vikings should Win at Home. Outside of Cousins having numerous TO's I just can't see Douglas, Scandrick and a RFA I couldn't name if a Million Dollars was on the line slowing your WR's down!

Would of been nice if DeSean was back to at least stretch the field and make things interesting for Ertz over the middle but that's unlikely as well. 

5 hours ago, Danger said:

Wentz doesn’t look good this year so hopefully the defense can keep Philly under 20. 

Sorry but that's not remotely accurate  so I'll  assume You haven't seen many games and are boxscore watching instead?

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Cox is not the same guy he used to be but they have good depth at DE

Cox is still recovering from his injury. Which has definitely effected his 2019 play "so far". Malik and Jernigan being out as well hasnt helped either!

I'd wish you guys luck but it wouldn't be sincere.😎🍺 So instead, here's to Hopefully an injury free game because God knows, we sure as hell can't afford another one!

Edited by Nabbs4u