Week 6 GDT: Giants vs. Patriots @ 8:20pm EST Thurs. 10/10/2019

Giants4eva

Well here it is. The Legend vs. The new hot rookie QB. To say we are overmatched in this game is an understatement. The Pats are so scary on defense its insane. The fact they only have 34 points allowed is mind boggling. In all my years of watching football, I've always known the Patriots to have a great offence. But this is one time, their defence is even better than their offence.  What i wanna see in this game is how does DJ handle the best team in the league and can he bounce back from an underwhelming game against Minnesota. This will give us a measuring stick of where we need to be. I do not see us winning this game. The best I wanna see is a better performance by our oline and our defence becoming a more cohesive unit. I whole heartedly believe Saquon will play in this one. I don't think there's a chance in hell he misses this one with how much he wants to play against the very best the NFL has to offer. We got beat by a very good Vikings team, I wanna see how we respond on a short week to another top team. Our defense is still pretty banged up and we have to show some grit. From my point of view I see a final score of..... Patriots 24 - Giants 13

Edited by Giants4eva

18 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

I'd rather hold Saquon back in this one.. There's no sense in trotting him out there. This is not a winnable game, especially with the injuries on defense. Have him out there preparing and then hold him back again.

I disagree. Brady and the OL looked vulnerable yesterday and that defense hasn't played against a decent offense yet this year- Steelers, Dolphins, Jets, Washington, and the Bills.

If Barkley is ready to go, play him. If we get a couple LBs back, I think we stand a chance. A small chance, but a chance. 

Right now, us and the Panthers have the best records lifetime against Brady and the Pats: 3-3. We need to take the lead!

7 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I disagree. Brady and the OL looked vulnerable yesterday and that defense hasn't played against a decent offense yet this year- Steelers, Dolphins, Jets, Washington, and the Bills.

If Barkley is ready to go, play him. If we get a couple LBs back, I think we stand a chance. A small chance, but a chance. 

Right now, us and the Panthers have the best records lifetime against Brady and the Pats: 3-3. We need to take the lead!

hahaha okay you sold me with your last point :D

We’re going to get shellacked again. This was a loss on the schedule even before all the injuries. We just have to get through this one, and the schedule gets a bit more manageable. Best thing we can hope for out of this one is Jones showing off his arm slinging some passes in prime time. 

• Like 1

I'd love for the Giants to steal this one and keep being a thorn in the side of the Patriots (they have to lose some time right?) but I think it'll just be another ho-hum, 30-10 loss. 

Hopefully if that's the case we emerge relatively unscathed and can go at Arizona with Saquon, Ogletree, Tae Davis, and Wayne Gallman all back. 

I'm just hoping for a competitive game. Absolutely no chance of winning this but avoiding a blowout and having success against their D could do wonders for momentum going forward. I'd hold SB out and get him 100% for the stretch of winnable games that's coming up on the schedule. Try to dig up some momentum going into that 2nd Dallas game and try and steal that one at home. I don't expect much more then 8-8 on the season.

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

What a shame. I felt like if we were healthy, we actually had a chance here. What a terrible primetime game this is going to be. Sorry America!

Im not sorry. I have a few good fantasy players on my team in this game. Brady is one of em LOL

1 hour ago, Giants4eva said:

Im not sorry. I have a few good fantasy players on my team in this game. Brady is one of em LOL

Yeah I'm starting Tom as well. Might as well get something out of this game right? xD

Random but have y'all noticed that OBJ isn't exactly lighting it up with the Browns?