Week 6 GDT: Giants vs. Patriots @ 8:20pm EST Thurs. 10/10/2019

Giants4eva

4 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Wait so let me get this straight, he bad mouths everybody but the fans yet you, the fan, are mocking him? 

He didn’t demand a trade, this dumb regime did. 

Lastly, why are people so reactionary. This is his 5th game. He’s got plenty more games to show his worth. Baker isn’t playing as well largely due to protection issues so why we surprised this has a knock on effect on him?

I hope you are applying this to our rookie QB as well.

As a total amateur, I might chart the Cardinals defense this weekend and mail it to Shurmur's office. It is obvious he needs help scouting and gameplanning, and 3 days isn't enough for him.

Jones didn't play well, but he has valid excuses. He's a rookie playing on a short week, on the road, against the #1 defense, coached by Belichick, without his top 3 weapons. Shurmur's gameplan was the equivalent of a high schooler's math homework they did the period before during lunch.

This team for 3 quarters was playing with the Superbowl champs on the road in a short week with out our best weapons. I don't think more can be expected of them. Daniel Jones is going to make the mistakes a rookie is going to make. Hopefully he learns from these mistakes this season so for next season we can compete for a playoff spot. I think all of us see the flashes of brilliance Daniel Jones displays out there.  If we can improve the O-line just a bit more and get him a bonafide #1 wideout the sky could be the limit for this offense. 

I highly doubt next year we will be able to improve the offensive line and get the pass rushers we so desperately need. So am thinking  in two seasons is when this team will be a real threat. Till then I am going to enjoy watching Daniel Jones grow as a QB.

• Like 1

I put no weight into this game at all. There are so many variables at play on the positive and negative side. The only thing that is fun to me is that we are 1 game out of the division lead. That is bananas! I understand we are not a true threat to make any noise but the idea of the giants playing meaningful games late in the season is very exciting to me. We haven't had that in a while and I can't wait to see Daniel Jones play in big games.