Which head coaching jobs in the NFL do you think are the most stressful

Elky

I would add Chicago to the top-5ish list. A team with a long history in a large market with some die hard (impatient) fans who have only won anything worth noting one time since '85. Whenever a new HC is brought in, we expect them to finally be the one who can find us a franchise QB and get a ring. And anything short of that is a failure. 

10 hours ago, Elky said:

Top 5 most:

1. Dallas - Meddling owner, tough media

2. Giants/Jets - Tough media

3. Cleveland

4. Philly

5. Washington

Top 5 least

1. Jacksonville

2. Tampa

3. Chargers

4. Arizona

5. Pittsburgh

I would disagree with this for the mere fact that our teams routinely get massacred by injuries which in of itself is incredibly stressful as a HC.

11 hours ago, Danger said:

The only reason you could say Philly is because the fans are brutal.

Washington should be above them IMO because your owner even more than Jerry is doing everything he can to sabotage your success. I think NY media toughness is overrated personally.

I think the media in Philly is also rough, you have way more beat writers than any team needs all going in on stuff. If there is any issue they hammer it every day Even after you might address it. Has to be exhausting.

But from a team/owner/facilities side it’s pretty great to have that stability.

I think the NY media’s toughness has over time become overrated, seems like people slits tunes them out up there.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm not sure, I think Cleveland is right there with #1. They fire coaches almost every year nowadays.

That's because they keep hiring coaches that are clearly terrible, there can't be pressure if you're just happy to be getting a paycheck.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

5 years with gruden they have been easy on him

They have done things the entire time that went against what he wanted to do, especially with the QB situation. The only reason he got so long was because the whole Kirk situation was planned out so poorly by them to begin with and it basically have him a free reset on the normal 2-3 years a head coach gets to show something.

I mean honestly I would never accept a head coach position for either team if I was a coordinator that had any actual chance of being good at it. The only people that should go to either team are people that would otherwise never get the chance, and they should only do it for the paycheck.

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Dallas seems like the easiest to keep your job actually. Just have a 9 win mediocre team and be buddy-buddy with the owner and have drinks. 

Seems that way until you realize where Jerry is going to put his hand to do your talking and thinking for you. 

On 10/8/2019 at 8:18 AM, TXsteeler said:

They have done things the entire time that went against what he wanted to do, especially with the QB situation. The only reason he got so long was because the whole Kirk situation was planned out so poorly by them to begin with and it basically have him a free reset on the normal 2-3 years a head coach gets to show something.

I mean honestly I would never accept a head coach position for either team if I was a coordinator that had any actual chance of being good at it. The only people that should go to either team are people that would otherwise never get the chance, and they should only do it for the paycheck.

It was McVay why he did well. Dude is lazy.

Philly is the hardest for frauds because NY's attention may be more but it gets split between 2 teams.

The only guy to win a SB there literally got a statue the next year so the perks are pretty good.

If you are a quality coach you get a lot of rope in Philly. AR was around for 14 years of mostly very good but Lurie ignored the stinkers until year 14.

If you are a moron like

• Kotite - go to war with Cunningham, the fans, and the media
    • Leon Hess went against the judgement of Philly fans and Kotite went 4-28 for him in NY.
  • Rhodes - lets run a WCO with Cunningham and scrubs at QB
    • Green Bay went against the judgement of Philly fans and he went 8-8 with Favre
  • Kelly - lets trade Foles, DJ, and Shady because its not about the players!
    • SF went against the judgement of Philly fans and Kelly went 1-15

Then you will get the abuse you so richly deserve.

• Buddy had his ups and downs in 5 years and never won a playoff game but he is still a hero and a legend in Philly.
  • Vermeil is also treated like royalty here (left due to burnout)
  • Some fans hate Reid (they are broken and sad people) but most of us love the guy for all he did as coach
    • and his Pederson recommendation and his drafting and teaching of Foles

Dallas might be the worst for national attention but its the fans and the beat guys who really get you, so Philly.

Pittsburgh is not a bottom 5. Rabid fans and local media were spoiled by the 70s so the bar is very high.

Owner support is obviously fantastic

Tomlin's job was a top 5 stress position because of that human filth at WR.

Edited by SkippyX