Jon Robinson

dtait93

If the report was true that in Vrabel’s interview it was basically like two buds catching up then Robinson should be fired. It was reported that the Vrabel hire was basically a done deal before the interview even happened and that’s 100% unacceptable.

My confidence in Jon Robinson has taken a huge hit. No GM is infallible, so I'm willing to give him a pass on some of the personnel misses. I still think he's actually been pretty good for the most part in turning the roster into something decent, but unless the offense drastically gets things turned around, it appears he majorly whiffed on the Vrabel hire, and that is much harder to forgive. After the way the Mularkey fiasco ended, he HAD to get that hire correct.

I alluded to it in the game thread, but even without an elite QB, we have invested entirely too much into this offense (especially the O-line) for it to be the late term abortion it currently looks like. Never mind the dreadfully predictable scheme ripped directly from a 1982 playbook and the bad news bears personnel groupings we manage to trot out. Whatever misgivings there are about this coaching staff ultimately fall squarely on the shoulders of  "J-Rob". He got his way; this is his baby. If and when Vrabel and company fade into the obscurity of Titans history, Robinson should probably be there right along with them.   

8 hours ago, dtait93 said:

If the report was true that in Vrabel’s interview it was basically like two buds catching up then Robinson should be fired. It was reported that the Vrabel hire was basically a done deal before the interview even happened and that’s 100% unacceptable.

I don't remember hearing this. What I remember hearing is that they were both in NE at the same time, but really didn't have any interaction, which is what you would expect from a player and a random front office member.

25 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I don't remember hearing this. What I remember hearing is that they were both in NE at the same time, but really didn't have any interaction, which is what you would expect from a player and a random front office member.

yeah, i think it was more along the lines of there was instant connection between them and it felt like they had known each other for ages- not that they actually had.

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

yeah, i think it was more along the lines of there was instant connection between them and it felt like they had known each other for ages- not that they actually had.

I do remember hearing that they had an instant connection, which is very far from saying he was hired before the interview lol

Early reaction.  

Looks like Robinson made another good pick with Simmons. 

Simmons. Landry. Evans/Brown. Byard. 

Three levels of the defense looks to have a solid players that can be here for a while. 

Davis and AJ can be threats with good QB play and OC playcalls. 

Maybe not all is lost. 

• Like 1

Yeah he's definitely had some misses, but I think he's here for awhile. The team looks talented, now can we find coaches and a QB that know what to do with it.

The OL is our only really bad unit on the team, but I think both our QBs make them look worse than they actually are. We have QBs who hang on to the football.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Early reaction.  

Three levels of the defense looks to have a solid players that can be here for a while. 

Maybe not all is lost. 

Add jonu he’s developing nicely 

13 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Blocking still iffy lol. But yeah he's coming along nicely

I think he's actually becoming a pretty good run blocker. Blaming him for not going 1 on 1 with an edge rusher would be like blaming Woodyard for not being able to cover Ekeler. Just a nightmare matchup for as soon as it was snapped.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I think he's actually becoming a pretty good run blocker. Blaming him for not going 1 on 1 with an edge rusher would be like blaming Woodyard for not being able to cover Ekeler. Just a nightmare matchup for as soon as it was snapped.

Exactly like last yr we had him block JJ watt for crying out loud 

18 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Early reaction.  

Maybe not all is lost. 

...checks yesterday's result...

Yup, I agree.  He's a really good GM.  We're lucky to have him!

...after next week's loss to Tampa...

I can't believe we fell for him!  He doesn't know what he's doing!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

He has his moments as a blocker no doubt but if we can get some speed on offense like a gadget player 😩👍🏽

Titans just need to find ways to get the kid ball in space.

If Delanie has to take a step back in regards to receptions to help block so Jonnu can get in space I’m all for it 

Also Delanie might not want to hear it but the Titans might have to really start think TE in the draft soon

I know it gets mentioned every year but Delanie is already having an injury plagued season so if they can add another young TE that can block and run to go along with Jonnu Titans will have to think about it at some point 

Since we are pumping the tires of Jonnu, JRob needs to get credit for bringing in Firkser as well the guys solid 

• 2 weeks later...