Jon Robinson

dtait93

4 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

To be fair, Brown played like an All-Pro for two teams, Buffalo and Washington. He was solid this year for Philly from what I know before he turned back to being a locker room issue. Talent was never the issue, he could play at the highest level and proved that multiple times. I love David too, but I never thought that was a bad pick.

I don't care. :)

David was the better pick and I lovededdded David. lol

Brown may have carved out a career, but LaVonte could have been a franchise pillar ala, Keith Bulluck..

Hopefully Landry continues to develop. Our pass-rush still is very Blah and inconsistent. Wake is essentially done(shocker) and guys like Finch and Gilbert are just rotation pieces. Jones has been our best DL this year and I don’t even think it’s close. Simmons and coming along and Casey is hurt. That front 3 can be one of the tops in football if healthy and Simmons continues to develop.

34 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Hopefully Landry continues to develop. Our pass-rush still is very Blah and inconsistent. Wake is essentially done(shocker) and guys like Finch and Gilbert are just rotation pieces. Jones has been our best DL this year and I don’t even think it’s close. Simmons and coming along and Casey is hurt. That front 3 can be one of the tops in football if healthy and Simmons continues to develop.

Yeah, we have great depth at OLB, but we don't have any starter quality players outside of Landry.  Finch is like an average No. 3 pass rusher, and Cam is clearly pretty limited in how much he can play.  The interior looks good for next year at least, with Jones bouncing back, Simmons looking very promising, and Isaiah Mack should be a future contributor, even with Casey slipping a bit. We could use some improved depth there to make it truly elite, but it's fine like that.

I would also like to see us use an early pick at pass rush again.  I trust us to develop one more while we have Cam Wake on the roster still.

Just realized Clowney's contact has a no franchise tag clause... He's my top target this person, even higher than Ryan by far... Although I think we can sign both... And still have room for RT and Henry if they take modest contracts. 

Our front 7 would be elite... And if focus the draft in offense... OL, QB, TE, RB... 

• Like 1

Clowney would be a solid get. I don’t think any team could run on this defense then. I personally think he’s a better run defender than pass-rusher but he’s no slouch in rushing either. It’ll be an interesting offseason regardless with what will we do at QB. Is Brady a legitimate option? If we do sign Brady, then they have to go all in which means signing other players like Clowney and possibly Ryan. You add Clowney, the defense rises another level in possibly elite territory especially with resigning Ryan. Then on offense, you draft heavy. Maybe sign one vet OL so we’re not stuck with having bad OL like Grasu, Stinnie, or Douglas on the roster.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I hated how much love/confidence this team had with Finch over the offseason. It was clear to me that they had hopes that he'd be an impactful rotational piece, and I don't think that's been the case with him

I mean I don’t think they expected him to be a stud or anything but for a UDFA, he’s a solid piece and good against the run. His injuries have certainly been an issue as well.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I mean I don’t think they expected him to be a stud or anything but for a UDFA, he’s a solid piece and good against the run. His injuries have certainly been an issue as well.

I think they expected him to be a starter opposite of Landry with Wake spelling him. To me, Finch isn't a starter in the NFL

54 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I think they expected him to be a starter opposite of Landry with Wake spelling him. To me, Finch isn't a starter in the NFL

Eh, I think some of that was just spin. I think they had high hopes for Wake (he looked great at the start of the season) and maybe one of the rookies, but I don’t think they actually looked at him on the field and thought he’d be a legit starter.

13 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I actually think Correa was a starter in their eyes. I did too... But I was wrong. He's not horrible... As a rotational player. But I think they like him still. He was on the promo poster last week... Wtf?! 

7 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I actually think Correa was a starter in their eyes. I did too... But I was wrong. He's not horrible... As a rotational player. But I think they like him still. He was on the promo poster last week... Wtf?! 

I kind of think JRob approached the edge position kind of like he did the WR position in the 2018 offseason. Mostly neglected it and had confidence in the guys we had (Matthews, David, Sharpe, Taylor).

The Wake signing has been....ok? There was a lot of faith put into the Landry/Finch/Correa trio. I really wanted us to take a flyer on Markus Golden (MIZ!). He's got 6.5 sacks for NYG right now and is making like 3-4 mil I think.

Need to get stronger there over the offseason, for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I don’t see us paying him that much. Hopefully Robinson can work his magic

He was getting $10 mil per year if I'm not mistaken. 

And he has had his best year?  

A slight raise in yearly avg. But some kind of low cap number sounds right.