Jon Robinson

dtait93

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

He was getting $10 mil per year if I'm not mistaken. 

And he has had his best year?  

A slight raise in yearly avg. But some kind of low cap number sounds right. 

Yea true. I Just was thinking that’s a lot of money in the secondary, especially with Adoree contract coming up soon. I think he’s earned a 2nd contract.

11 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Yea true. I Just was thinking that’s a lot of money in the secondary, especially with Adoree contract coming up soon. I think he’s earned a 2nd contract.

Yeah. I think by that time they maybe looking to cut or reduce Vaccaro and put Hooker in that spot. 

Might try to get Adoree early and cheap . Because he isn't lockdown. Just good/average. And doesn't have return value right now. 

• Like 1

You have to bring Ryan back. Not only is he the best player on our defense this year, he possesses a unique skillset that the other corners do not have.

The general perception is that slot CBs are valued less, but when your slot CB is so good at blitzing and playing near the box that you almost never go bigger than nickel, regardless of the offenses personnel, that changes things. 

He's so much more than just a slot CB. 

• Like 6

A + to Robinson so far this season is extending Ben Jones. PFF has Ben Jones rated as the best center in the NFL so far this year(it's PFF obviously so take it with a grain of salt), but I think most of us can agree Jones has been pretty consistently solid(to PFF's credit, they don't have Jones rated as elite or anything. He's got a grade of 74.8, which would label him as "good" or somewhere around there). Locking him up for 2 years and paying him as only the 18th highest paid C in football is looking like a steal.

• Like 3

And thinking about draft picks. 

We knew this year we'd likely have to pay a QB. Just ended up being Tanny ( most likely). So even tho Mariota didn't work out we still managed to find the QB that best fit our team. 

I'm one of the mind of thinking that as long as we find someone I'm not caring about draft position. 

Example: yes Taywan Taylor was a bust but we still end up with a guy that can do his job in Raymond ( even though it's early to declare him as arrived). 

If Corey Davis is outplayed by AJ Brown so be it. We still end up with an #1 and #2. Even if they weren't drafted that way. 

Just find the guys that get it done. And Robinson has done that more than not. 

His weakest area is free agency. He has overpaid and whiffed. 

Draft he has been money by NFL standards. 

Getting Tanny for an 4th and having the Dolphins pay part of his contract is just straight baller! 

47 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And thinking about draft picks. 

We knew this year we'd likely have to pay a QB. Just ended up being Tanny ( most likely). So even tho Mariota didn't work out we still managed to find the QB that best fit our team. 

I'm one of the mind of thinking that as long as we find someone I'm not caring about draft position. 

Example: yes Taywan Taylor was a bust but we still end up with a guy that can do his job in Raymond ( even though it's early to declare him as arrived). 

If Corey Davis is outplayed by AJ Brown so be it. We still end up with an #1 and #2. Even if they weren't drafted that way. 

Just find the guys that get it done. And Robinson has done that more than not. 

His weakest area is free agency. He has overpaid and whiffed. 

Draft he has been money by NFL standards. 

Getting Tanny for an 4th and having the Dolphins pay part of his contract is just straight baller! 

Yeah drafting and trading are his strong suits for sure. Though he’s not the greatest with free agency he is pretty good at structuring the contracts

• Like 2

I don't even know that he's that weak in FA.

Ben Jones, Logan Ryan, Malcolm Butler, Roger Saffold, Kenny Vaccaro.

Saffold's has been playing well, but he's had early bad plays similar to Butler last year so people were hard on him. He was one of the best OGs in football and he's been coming on as of late.

Robinson's had misses too, but that's no different than the draft. They're gonna happen. 5 good starters, some really good, in 4 years isn't bad. 

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Not really a good thread to put this in 

but sharif finch waived. Maybe we shouldn’t have put so many eggs in that basket this offseason. JRob and Vrabel def thought he and wake would spell each other, but obviously didn’t work out that way. Still pissed we didn’t sign Markus Golden

12 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Not really a good thread to put this in 

but sharif finch waived. Maybe we shouldn’t have put so many eggs in that basket this offseason. JRob and Vrabel def thought he and wake would spell each other, but obviously didn’t work out that way. Still pissed we didn’t sign Markus Golden

I personally think I they also had something in the guy from Georgia that was put on IR.