Jon Robinson

dtait93

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Does he deserve to be able to pick another coach? 

Vrabel is looking like a bad hire. We are going the wrong way and we have no clue what we doing on offense. 

No. We need a new GM to take us to the next level, just like we thought we needed a new HC to take us to the next level when Mularkey got fired. Turns out it’s both.

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Does he deserve to be able to pick another coach? 

Vrabel is looking like a bad hire. We are going the wrong way and we have no clue what we doing on offense. 

Nope But let’s be honest, neither Vrabel or Robinson are going anywhere soon. They’ll get there chance to get “their” guy at QB. If that fails, then yes they’ll be gone. So here’s to another 2-4 years of this duo. Then again, are we really going to trust AAS and her bozo that help her to hire the right guy as GM?

Edited by ttitansfan4life

This failure of a season falls on Robinson in my eyes. Vrabel was his hand picked golden child to put the roster he assembled together and its been a complete mess. I honestly wonder how good this defense would be without Pees. Like wtf would Vrabel even be without him? Probably out of a job tbh.

I can't wait for the fans to demand us to fire our GM and then we go back to having awful drafts again. Chris Henry and Justin Hunter here we come! DGB? Hell yeah! Gimme some of that Jeremiah Potuasi while we're at it.

Oh, and our HC? He'll still suck because picking a successful one is far more luck than it is skill.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I can't wait for the fans to demand us to fire our GM and then we go back to having awful drafts again. Chris Henry and Justin Hunter here we come! DGB? Hell yeah! Gimme some of that Jeremiah Potuasi while we're at it.

Oh, and our HC? He'll still suck because picking a successful one is far more luck than it is skill.

yeah, i'm willing to give robinson a mulligan on this coaching hire- especially since he'll have the opportunity to sync a new coach with a new QB on a pretty dang good roster. the pieces are there for a coach who actually knows what he's doing to have some serious success within a couple years (pending development of said QB).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

Robinson knows what he is doing more times than he doesn't. 

As I said in the other thread I'm just wondering if NFL "law" allows for you to pick another head coach. But I guess so. Happened in Arizona. Lol. They picked franchise QB and HC in back to back years. Lol

I don’t think I’m ready to fire Robinson

I get he’s in charge of everything and can’t just hit on players and not coaches 

All GMs have good and bad moves

Overall I think the talent that Robinson has brought in has been very good 

I won’t go over every move we all know them but the corner stone pieces on this team are all his guys and all found in different rounds of the draft

I just think Vrabels having a bad year and he can really do himself a huge favor by just finding a guy that is capable of running the offense

The issue with the offense is it’s not just and OC he needs to replace. He also needs to replace the OL coach and most likely the QB coach as well

We all need to remember Robinson and Vrabel we’re both forced to take Mariota and all his flaws from injuries to bad footwork and accuracy issues

Im not ready to move on from Robinson and I’m willing to give Vrabel another year to turn it around but Vrabel can’t go the Munchak route and go to bat for bad OC and OL coaches, Vrabel needs to go out and find someone with a clue to develop and offense 

On 10/21/2019 at 3:29 PM, titanrick said:

...checks yesterday's result...

Yup, I agree.  He's a really good GM.  We're lucky to have him!

...after next week's loss to Tampa...

I can't believe we fell for him!  He doesn't know what he's doing!

Bump for truth.

• Like 1

The 2016 draft killed us. We had the first overall pick, traded down. OK. I loved the trade at the time, but we failed with the picks - specifically the 2nd round.

#33 - We took Kevin Dodd. Could have had Jaylon Smith, Myles Jack, Hunter Henry, Chris Jones, Xavien Howard, Sterling Shepard.

#43 and #45- We took Auston Johnson and Derrick Henry. Could have had Michael Thomas, Deion Jones, Tyler Boyd.

This legit makes me sick, even though we got Byard in R3.

3 hours ago, SARGO127 said:

The 2016 draft killed us. We had the first overall pick, traded down. OK. I loved the trade at the time, but we failed with the picks - specifically the 2nd round.

#33 - We took Kevin Dodd. Could have had Jaylon Smith, Myles Jack, Hunter Henry, Chris Jones, Xavien Howard, Sterling Shepard.

#43 and #45- We took Auston Johnson and Derrick Henry. Could have had Michael Thomas, Deion Jones, Tyler Boyd.

This legit makes me sick, even though we got Byard in R3.

Every team could do that with every draft. Can't fault him to much for not picking a corner when we needed a DT or corner. 

When I get on GM's is when they pick a position and pass on the better player at that position. 

Point: when we drafted Zach Brown over Lavonte David.  I'll forever be mad at that one. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Every team could do that with every draft. Can't fault him to much for not picking a corner when we needed a DT or corner. 

When I get on GM's is when they pick a position and pass on the better player at that position. 

Point: when we drafted Zach Brown over Lavonte David.  I'll forever be mad at that one. 

Thing is we did need a corner, and a wr. We started Sharpe as a rookie... And we had Perris Cox and Valentino Blake as our 2nd and 3rd corners. Our dline was still a strength and Dodd was a tweener without a true position in this team. Xavien Howard and Michael Thomas would have made as much sense as any other positions we could have gone with. 

I don't mind passing on David... We had Woodyard and Williamson inside, so the immediate need wasn't there. Brown was drafted the following year and has turned into a solid starter, and we got him 3 rounds (and a year) later. 

. I'm happy with that pick. 

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Thing is we did need a corner, and a wr. We started Sharpe as a rookie... And we had Perris Cox and Valentino Blake as our 2nd and 3rd corners. Our dline was still a strength and Dodd was a tweener without a true position in this team. Xavien Howard and Michael Thomas would have made as much sense as any other positions we could have gone with. 

I don't mind passing on David... We had Woodyard and Williamson inside, so the immediate need wasn't there. Brown was drafted the following year and has turned into a solid starter, and we got him 3 rounds (and a year) later. 

. I'm happy with that pick. 

I think KT is talking about the year that we drafted Zach Brown over Lavonte David in the second round of the 2012 draft. One of my most furious draft memories as well. I loved David and knew he'd be a stud of a linebacker. Zach Brown was just an athlete with good combine numbers.

• Like 1

On 06.11.2019 at 4:53 AM, KingTitan said:

To be fair, Brown played like an All-Pro for two teams, Buffalo and Washington. He was solid this year for Philly from what I know before he turned back to being a locker room issue. Talent was never the issue, he could play at the highest level and proved that multiple times. I love David too, but I never thought that was a bad pick.