W6 News and Notes

Matts4313

8 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

No idea where to ask this...but why can't the Dallas Cowboys ever generate turnovers?  I straight up cannot remember the last time we had a defense that had any type of legit play making ability.  

Werent we a top 10 turnover team just a few years ago when Rod was calling plays?

20 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

No idea where to ask this...but why can't the Dallas Cowboys ever generate turnovers?  I straight up cannot remember the last time we had a defense that had any type of legit play making ability.  

We don't blitz enough which causes rushed, errant throws, bad reads and tipped passes

Zone defense without the QB being rushed doesn't lead to picks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Werent we a top 10 turnover team just a few years ago when Rod was calling plays?

Bored at work so let's go digging...Looks like 2014 was the year. 

2018: 9 INT  / 14 Fumbles 

2017: 10 INT / 20 Fumbles 

2016: 9 INT / 18 Fumbles 

2015: 8 INT / 6 Fumbles 

2014: 18 INT / 15 Fumbles 

2013: 15 INT / 13 Fumbles

2012: 7 INT / 14 Fumbles

2011: 13 INT / 15 Fumbles 

2010: 20 INT / 14 Fumbles 

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Losses to Jets and Eagles will really put the heat on Garrett

Yes I agree, but what if they win against the Jets but lose against the Eagles that's the problem it's the middle of the pack mediocre stuff that is enough for me it's been that way for so long.

Edited by resilient part 2

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

We’ve seen our team crap the bed too many times early in games to believe that. Redball doesn’t get the team prepared to play properly, and it’s really frustrating. Hell, the offensive game plan on Sunday was exactly what would’ve been required to win, but the team wasn’t mentally prepared, and it was glaringly obvious.

8 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

We’ve seen our team crap the bed too many times early in games to believe that. Redball doesn’t get the team prepared to play properly, and it’s really frustrating. Hell, the offensive game plan on Sunday was exactly what would’ve been required to win, but the team wasn’t mentally prepared, and it was glaringly obvious.

So basically Garrett tried his best and that’s what we saw on the field. Great. Real hopeful now 

12 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Cite this and compare to the rest of the NFL. 

My guess is this will prove to be false.