Is the Patriots defense for real?

Cheesehawk

Is the Patriots defense for real?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Patriots defense for real?

• Yes
    • No

17 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

We will keep moving the goal post til we face The Ravens, Cowboys or Chiefs. It’s okay, I am just gonna enjoy the ride until then. Last year they were overlooked too and just spanked the #1 and #2 offense in the playoffs.

If we shut him down, Lamar will be a glorified RB, Dak sucks and Mahomes is hobbled.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

He does but still does't mean hes a top feared defender.  He tosses that TE like a ragdoll.

Yeah he's no Ray or anything. He's actually nice....helps offensive players up (...haha). But yeah, mad pushing power. We are a brainy D.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SBLIII said:

I'm glad about this so people will stop saying we don't face anyone good. 

They'll still say it. "Yeah well, Lamar isn't actually a QB is he.....yeah well, Mahomes is stil hurt.."

I wonder if we'll ever face a 'good' team again...

Edited by Hunter2_1

I don’t even need to see the Patriots play a good team. Just play someone with some talent on offense. The best WR they have faced is JuJu and he had 6 catches for 78 yards. Next best is probably Robbie Anderson or Scary Terry. Easy for CBs to put up elite stats when they don’t have anyone to cover

4 hours ago, SBLIII said:

I'm glad about this so people will stop saying we don't face anyone good. 

Darnold looked great vs the Cowboys, tore them up. Then goes against the Patriots and looked the worst hes ever looked in his life. The Patriots defense is absolutely elite and are playing at a super high level. The things they can do no other defense can cause their secondary is so dang good. Gilmore is the best CB in football. McCourty is on pace for like 11 or 12 INTs at safety. 

People can doubt, but I know Darnold is gonna put some good games this year. THe Patriots defense just confused him and made him look like trash, they are elite at disguising coverages, you think they are blitzing but aren't, then when they do blitz their secondary has everyone covered.  

And Danny Shelton was another under the radar great pickup for the Patriots. He looked like a bust in Cleveland, now is playing at a high level.  Looked like a monster at times, 345 pound defensive linemen that at times reminded me of Kris Jenkins. 

Edited by NYJets4716

32 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

I don’t even need to see the Patriots play a good team. Just play someone with some talent on offense. The best WR they have faced is JuJu and he had 6 catches for 78 yards. Next best is probably Robbie Anderson or Scary Terry. Easy for CBs to put up elite stats when they don’t have anyone to cover

Well they are facing the Browns. OBJ, Landry, and Chubbs is a elite trio in terms of talent. 

5 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Well they are facing the Browns. OBJ, Landry, and Chubbs is a elite trio in terms of talent. 

Yep, if these three put up better numbers against the Patriots than they did against the Niners? It will be confirmed that #Ninersbetter!

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

On 10/25/2019 at 12:09 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, if these three put up better numbers against the Patriots than they did against the Niners? It will be confirmed that #Ninersbetter!

OJ: 5 receptions on 7 targets, 52 yards. No tds

Landry: 5 receptions on 10 targets, 65 targets. No tds. 

Chubb 131 yards. Two fumbles lost. No tds. 

11 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

OJ: 5 receptions on 7 targets, 52 yards. No tds

Landry: 5 receptions on 10 targets, 65 targets. No tds. 

Chubb 131 yards. Two fumbles lost. No tds. 

How will Kareem Hunt factor into this offense? Asking for a friend.

My fantasy team. 

That's my friend.