Week Six : Panthers (3-2) @ Bucs (2-3) in London - kickoff 9:30am EST on NFLN

bucsfan333

Just now, sryan66611 said:

I agree and I have seen what McCoy has been doing but lets be real McCoy is not going to change anything as far as Ws/Ls  .   I mean there might be one game I could say he might have made an impact and that would have been the Saints game other than that I don't see him changing anything.

McCoy is just not wrecking anyone's game plan which I feel the Buc would have needed to do anything with the secondary they have.

He doesn't have to take over games. But he can generate pressure far more than Suh or Gholston. And he demands attention from opposing teams so Barrett can't get chipped by RBs and blocked by a guard/tackle combo. And with Vea next to him we'd have three guys that demand attention on every snap. Somebody's gonna get one on one and they're gonna win. Gholston, Allen, Suh, and Nassib don't do that often enough. Vea, Barrett, and McCoy do.

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He doesn't have to take over games. But he can generate pressure far more than Suh or Gholston. And he demands attention from opposing teams so Barrett can't get chipped by RBs and blocked by a guard/tackle combo. And with Vea next to him we'd have three guys that demand attention on every snap. Somebody's gonna get one on one and they're gonna win. Gholston, Allen, Suh, and Nassib don't do that often enough. Vea, Barrett, and McCoy do.

We just talking in circles now..   I agree McCoy would generate pressure but not enough to mask the secondary or impact any of our Ws or Ls.     I read FO had McCoy at a 10% +  pressure rate and Suh is like 3%.    So yea hes going to create pressure but is that extra 7-8%  really going to change the game?   I doubt it.     

2 minutes ago, Calibucsfan said:

I missed the game

Just looking at stats and highlights

So let me see if I got this right: we continued from last week of horrible secondary play, terrible O-line play and for a big bonus we had Winston revert back to true form of being an interception machine?

Pretty much summed it up along with no pass rush   Nassib got one sack and I think that was it.

22 minutes ago, Calibucsfan said:

I missed the game

Just looking at stats and highlights

So let me see if I got this right: we continued from last week of horrible secondary play, terrible O-line play and for a big bonus we had Winston revert back to true form of being an interception machine?

You’re telling me you missed out on watching us get 3 consecutive false start penalties on our punt unit to close out the first half? Missed out on a lot of good ole fashioned Bucs football today.

54 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

You’re telling me you missed out on watching us get 3 consecutive false start penalties on our punt unit to close out the first half? Missed out on a lot of good ole fashioned Bucs football today.

That was hilarious!

Anybody else notice that Shaq was held out for quite a few plays? I guess that injury was really bothering him. There was long stretches in the game where I never saw him.

This year is going to be a evaluation type year, especially with the right side of our line going down and the secondary getting shredded. We need to put Dean as the #1 CB and see what he can do. Hargreaves needs to go to the bench asap. I wouldn't neccesarily trade for a #1 CB, like Peterson or Ramsey, but it wouldn't hurt to see what the price is. We will be lucky to get to 8-8, but at least the hardest part of the schedule is over and we can reset during the bye week.

Byron needs to get Jameis some easier throws, and easier reads, at the start of the game. It seems like hes thinking too much at the start of the game, and when the defense doesnt give him what he expects, he really gets confused. It also seemed like the Saints game really affected him when it comes to looking at the pass rush. He made some really dumb escape attempts right into a defender.

• Like 3

First and foremost we owe Mike Smith somewhat an apology....

These corners just arent very good in man or zone. Both guys on the outside lack the speed to run with vertical threats. Davis is better than Hargreaves but not by much. We talked about the scheme last year when clearly its ALL personnel. Same corners same results. Whose to blame? Jason Licht and its that simple.

Secondly, Arians is talking about Winston doing too much and trying get him out that habit. Spoiler alert its year 5 and he still does this crap. He wont ever break his habits.. and some of you want him to sign an extension? TUH.

Yes the OL was horrible but Jameis did not help himself. Dude literally does not have the smarts to be a great QB in the NFL. He makes good throws and great at evading rushers but other than that I just dont see a good ROI long term here. We should clean house starting from QB to CB. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, one_of_a_kind24 said:

Byron needs to get Jameis some easier throws, and easier reads, at the start of the game. It seems like hes thinking too much at the start of the game, and when the defense doesnt give him what he expects, he really gets confused. It also seemed like the Saints game really affected him when it comes to looking at the pass rush. He made some really dumb escape attempts right into a defender.

Call me crazy but I think this is how you "kick start" Winston properly. Start the entire 1st quarter with easy throws even if it doesn't yield too many yards and open the rest of the playbook up after that.

And I saw the highlights. Man seeing Haergraves get his ankles taken out from under him was brutal.

Also about absence of Shaq, very long post incoming, and before I proceed I do hope I am wrong about Shaq.......but my 2 cents:

I was going to say this during the week he was getting all that praise of having one of the best seasons in history and blah blah blah. The problem with Barret is he is just a better version of Noah Spence, which I knew was going to be a bust after his first season. What these 2 guys have in common is they only have 1 real rush technique which is an outside speed rusher. Shaq is just better at it because he is faster and more explosive. The problem is, when this is your only trait as a pass rusher, you become easy to block. O-line coaches prepping for you all week will tell their tackles to take an extra cheat step to the outside on the snap. This makes it almost impossible for the O-lineman to lose contain to the outside. Notice how the real dominant type rushers such as Von Miller, Clay Mathews, Myles Garret etc etc. They aren't 1 kind of a rusher. They bring multiple things to the table. They can edge rush very good, but they can also have mean spin/swim moves that can bounce them inside for a quick sack. Or they can just push the O-lineman on ice skates and drive him back into the QB if the explosion is good enough off the line, which the elite types often do get good explosion off the snap. Point is you cannot take a cheat step against these elite types because you don't know what they're going to do unlike edge only rushers such as Shaquil Barret. In other words, he is not our solution as our main edge rusher. Denver was using him correctly in being a rotational player. The only thing I would argue is they did not give him enough playing time. I still think he can do major damage here, but as a rotational guy and we need to still find our edge rusher, although the team has bigger holes to fill. I just really hope we don't reward him with a mega giant contract.

I know this position very very well because I played this position in college and I was that edge rusher guy who only brought this trait. Again, I hope that I am wrong but all I see is a better version of Noah Spence who was a 1 dimensional rusher.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Calibucsfan said:

Call me crazy but I think this is how you "kick start" Winston properly. Start the entire 1st quarter with easy throws even if it doesn't yield too many yards and open the rest of the playbook up after that.

And I saw the highlights. Man seeing Haergraves get his ankles taken out from under him was brutal.

Also about absence of Shaq, very long post incoming, and before I proceed I do hope I am wrong about Shaq.......but my 2 cents:

I was going to say this during the week he was getting all that praise of having one of the best seasons in history and blah blah blah. The problem with Barret is he is just a better version of Noah Spence, which I knew was going to be a bust after his first season. What these 2 guys have in common is they only have 1 real rush technique which is an outside speed rusher. Shaq is just better at it because he is faster and more explosive. The problem is, when this is your only trait as a pass rusher, you become easy to block. O-line coaches prepping for you all week will tell their tackles to take an extra cheat step to the outside on the snap. This makes it almost impossible for the O-lineman to lose contain to the outside. Notice how the real dominant type rushers such as Von Miller, Clay Mathews, Myles Garret etc etc. They aren't 1 kind of a rusher. They bring multiple things to the table. They can edge rush very good, but they can also have mean spin/swim moves that can bounce them inside for a quick sack. Or they can just push the O-lineman on ice skates and drive him back into the QB if the explosion is good enough off the line, which the elite types often do get good explosion off the snap. Point is you cannot take a cheat step against these elite types because you don't know what they're going to do unlike edge only rushers such as Shaquil Barret. In other words, he is not our solution as our main edge rusher. Denver was using him correctly in being a rotational player. The only thing I would argue is they did not give him enough playing time. I still think he can do major damage here, but as a rotational guy and we need to still find our edge rusher, although the team has bigger holes to fill. I just really hope we don't reward him with a mega giant contract.

I know this position very very well because I played this position in college and I was that edge rusher guy who only brought this trait. Again, I hope that I am wrong but all I see is a better version of Noah Spence who was a 1 dimensional rusher.

Everything was spot on up until the Barrett talk. You should review the film he’s much better than a 1 trick pony. Guy has gotten to it in a myriad of ways with pass rush moves.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, indifference said:

Everything was spot on up until the Barrett talk. You should review the film he’s much better than a 1 trick pony. Guy has gotten to it in a myriad of ways with pass rush moves.

Definitely  he has a plethora of moves he uses during the game including a bull rush, spin, etc.. etc..

This game he was out a lot of snaps and it seemed that oblique injury or whatever it was played a part in his absence during the game and oblique injuries suck especially when your playing D-line because you use your core so much during the game.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Definitely  he has a plethora of moves he uses during the game including a bull rush, spin, etc.. etc..

This game he was out a lot of snaps and it seemed that oblique injury or whatever it was played a part in his absence during the game and oblique injuries suck especially when your playing D-line because you use your core so much during the game.

he was playing injured i wouldnt put too much stock into sundays game