2019-2020 Hot Takes Thread

Mox

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Never understood why people claim Zion is a potential top defender. 

Because he was an elite help defender in college? And has the tools to be an elite defender in the league? Unless being the most athletic player in the league with elite instincts isn't what you want...

6 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Never understood why people claim Zion is a potential top defender. 

I can’t understand how you don’t understand?

Elite athlete who was a really good defender in college and willing to play on that end. Why do you think he doesn’t have that sort of potential?

Pelicans gonna win 48 games and make the playoffs tbh

Zion gonna be unanimous rookie of the year tbh 

As for my non homer hot takes....

Lakers get all the hype, but Nuggets make it further than them, beating them in the 2nd round. Nuggets/Clippers WCF, NBA weeps on its missed opportunity. 

Lakers don't even get home court in the first round (Clippers, Nuggets, Rockets, Jazz in some order. Lakers 5th seed at best)

Spurs FINALLY miss the playoffs. For real this time. Maybe. Probably not. Coach Pop too good. 

Bucks win NBA Finals (this isn't full hot take at all but... Clippers and Lakers are getting all the hype)

Kings do not make any notable improvement from last year

5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Here’s a hot take

the nba will stop the Houston rockets from winning a title if it comes down to it 

They'd have to be in a position to come close first. Not happening this year.

On 10/13/2019 at 6:31 PM, MookieMonstah said:

I can’t understand how you don’t understand?

Elite athlete who was a really good defender in college and willing to play on that end. Why do you think he doesn’t have that sort of potential?

Zion is only Elite and jumping. Not speed, quickness. Therefor not necessarily an elite athlete in defensive terms. When Zion gets caught on the pick and roll with a guard, they will blow by him. Unlike Draymond Green.

8 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Zion is only Elite and jumping. Not speed, quickness. Therefor not necessarily an elite athlete in defensive terms. When Zion gets caught on the pick and roll with a guard, they will blow by him. Unlike Draymond Green.

Big time disagree. I'd argue he's as fast/quick as Draymond Green, if not more so. The dude is an absolute freak athlete. You're legitimately the first person I've ever seen question his ability to be a good defender. 

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

What!? He’s twice the athlete Draymond is, his quickness and speed are elite for a man his size. Does he have the mental acuity and will he have the same energy as Draymond? TBD, but he showed you glimpses of it at Duke, the possibility is there for him to be all-defense* year 1.

*all-defense caliber at least, actually making those teams usually requires establishing reputation 1st