Week 6 GDT: Philadelphia Superbowl LII Champs @ Minnesalta Shakers

ninjapirate

2 hours ago, DeJack_10 said:

Pederson stated that he’d “push him a little bit more this week” (Djax) but we’re thinking he’s out until next week’s game.

Maddox is definitely out.

I have a sinking feeling that we won’t see DeSean again this year. 

Getting strong McNabb ‘05 hernia injury vibes.

I gotta imagine if D Jax was gone for the year or most of it, Howie would have gotten someone in here by now. They haven’t even signed WR off a practice squad. They’re surviving off the 2 TE sets but the main issue is that Nelly has been such a disappointment. And JJAW in a lesser extent. If the CB or pass rush (DT or DE) can’t be addressed a fully expect someone in here (Emanuel Sanders? AJ Green?) in the coming weeks. Agholor can’t be your 2nd WR option when Alshon is just a really good possession receiver at this point. 

25 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

I have a sinking feeling that we won’t see DeSean again this year. 

Getting strong McNabb ‘05 hernia injury vibes.

See and I'm leaning towards the opposite. Them trying to Get him right for Dallas week being more important? Kinda like Saquon vs the Patriots tomorrow. He could of probably played but another weeks rest is more import in the long run.

This has been DeSean's issue the past few seasons. Always ending up Gimp and unable to utilize his Skillset, Speed! It would be nice to see him back out there in that 12 personnel. Forcing teams to respect the deep pass opening up the underneath for Ertz/Goedert. 

Wentz and Nelly just aren't hooking up. For various reasons.

55 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I gotta imagine if D Jax was gone for the year or most of it, Howie would have gotten someone in here by now. They haven’t even signed WR off a practice squad. They’re surviving off the 2 TE sets but the main issue is that Nelly has been such a disappointment. And JJAW in a lesser extent. If the CB or pass rush (DT or DE) can’t be addressed a fully expect someone in here (Emanuel Sanders? AJ Green?) in the coming weeks. Agholor can’t be your 2nd WR option when Alshon is just a really good possession receiver at this point. 

I agree but both of those guys are 30+, both have been dinged up as of late...I can't see a high draft choice for either. 

Some of it has to do with the scheme itself. If you're looking to stretch the field bring back Torrey Smith. If you are looking for a dynamic #1 there's always next draft. 

DeSean prob would've been better off just getting the surgery at this point, if it was medically recommended/necessary. I think it's anywhere from 4-8 weeks recovery according to research I've done. His season outlook is bleak in my eyes. Even when he does come back, we'll be walking on egg shells with him for the rest of the year. Might need to look at trading for a deep threat at the deadline?

10 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Random question, but if Kelce got injured or sat out a few series because Philly was beating up on Minnesota so badly, who would slide into the center spot? Seumalo? Vaitai?

TBH, it would probably be Nate Herbig. Traditionally, it’s been Seumalo but I doubt they would disrupt 2 positions if Kelce went down. It’s a bit of a terrifying prospect. Def not Vaitai though. He’s been strictly on the right side of the line this year. And with Dillard planted as our clear LT backup, Big V is our RT/RG backup. Herbig - Seumalo seems like the depth behind Kelce in that order. 

Edited by Jroc04