I want Jerod Mayo to be the next head coach

DoleINGout

4 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Oh look. Another hot take. We'll stack this one on top of the 'Cut Gostkowski, McDaniels Sucks, Patriots Should Have Drafted Calvin Ridley, and Trade Brady For Derek Carr files...

Except...

Gostkowski does suck, especially under any kind of pressure or expectations.

McDaniels is suck-to-mediocre, carried by Belichick and Brady.

The Patriots could have invested in rookie Calvin Ridley instead of scrambling around to get whatever veteran receiver they can find (Cooks/Dorsett/Gordon/Brown). The argument at the time I think I got back from some folks like you was that they don't draft receivers early because McDaniels system is too complicated and Brady is too particular that the learning curve is too much. But then just this past draft they went with a receiver in the first round so...

Brady for Carr straight up was never the scenario. I like how you paint it without context to suit your needs. The time I was talking about Brady leaving was prior to 2018 when I expected a bunch of crap to happen. Gronkowski to get traded, which he was to the Lions until he used his no trade clause ability. Had Gronk been traded around the 2018 draft like I expected, then I thought it would lead to a complete restart on offense including letting Brady go. I thought Edelman with his suspension and ACL recovery along with a final year on his deal and publicly teasing Belichick/taking sides on Brady's personal trainer would lead to him be slowly phased out or outright cut by preseason but he took performance enhancing drugs to recover sooner so he could earn his spot last fall. The end result of getting rid of all of "Brady's guys" would have made him either retire, (which I didn't think he would do), or set an ultimatum with Kraft that it's him or Belichick which I thought would basically be a trade demand. Given the Raiders/Patriots trade history, Carr's play style and experience in a similar offense, and the transition year they were in last season going into it, I thought all that would happen had Belichick been able to move the pieces the way he wanted to, starting with Gronkowski.

I remember it was "only a hot take" to say Cooks should/could be traded for a first round pick because he is one-dimensional and sucks otherwise. And that Dorsett is good enough to be Brady's favorite target. That was prior to the 2018 draft I believe. Another reason for the Brady theory I had.

28 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Funny, I like how the context suits my quota for conspiracy theory reading for the day. 

😁

Anyways. . . it's not like I'm just shooting off "hot takes". These are things I actually think will happen based on observations over extended periods of time.

4 hours ago, Elky said:

I'd rather have Brady turn into Zombie Brady than Derek Carr.

He's top five on PFF apparently as of a week ago...

Yes, this is a joke. But as much of a joke as PFF can be, Carr isn't that bad. Not my first choice, but good enough with this team to win with.

9 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

He's top five on PFF apparently as of a week ago...

Yes, this is a joke. But as much of a joke as PFF can be, Carr isn't that bad. Not my first choice, but good enough with this team to win with.

Receivers have not been getting separation, yet TB is racking up stats in most games. He keeps 'turnover worthy plays' low (when they happen, they're uglyyyy as per the Redskins one), and has had a number of 'big time throws' in the first 2 games. This is why he's high on PFF - for what it's worth.

edit: ah, you meant Derek?

Edited by Hunter2_1