Zay Jones traded to Oakland for 2021 fifth round pick

bigbadbuff

17 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Not surprised.

Kid has never been the same since week 2 of his rookie year...which is weird to say.

What’s weird is he tends to get decent separation as well, just drops balls or doesn’t fight for them. Coming out his hands were what made him a 2nd round pick 

57 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

What’s weird is he tends to get decent separation as well, just drops balls or doesn’t fight for them. Coming out his hands were what made him a 2nd round pick 

Things just happen that way sometimes, WR is the hardest position to predict because you just can't guess what will translate and what won't. You're basically just gambling on athleticism and hoping the rest "clicks".

Hopefully Duke can play up to his physical ability and most importantly, catch the ball. This means we see more of Smoke running 9 routes too which is good, no idea why we signed him and then had Zay run the deep posts and everything while Smoke is intermediate stuff. Maybe the ghost of Robert Foster can also appear.

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Things just happen that way sometimes, WR is the hardest position to predict because you just can't guess what will translate and what won't. You're basically just gambling on athleticism and hoping the rest "clicks".

Hopefully Duke can play up to his physical ability and most importantly, catch the ball. This means we see more of Smoke running 9 routes too which is good, no idea why we signed him and then had Zay run the deep posts and everything while Smoke is intermediate stuff. Maybe the ghost of Robert Foster can also appear.

Or Stefan Diggs

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Nah, stick with the room we've got, Diggs doesn't add a dimension we don't already have anyway. AJ Green or Trent Williams if we're gonna make a move.

I'd much rather have Diggs than Green. Gives us a legit #1 WR which is the one thing we are missing. And is younger.... Green is injured and the wrong side of 30. Not a good combination. If rather have someone that can stick long term and be Allen's go to guy for many years. Brown and Beasley are both around 30... It's be nice to get a younger guy to round out our core.

If say if we can add a guy like Diggs we instantly good from a mediocre recieving core to a really good recieving core.

We won't make a move for Diggs, Vikings won't trade him. They've told multiple teams. And Dalvin Cook said that Diggs acts like this pretty often and that it was just glorified in the media this past week because of Cousins struggling. I think its AJ Green or nothing, if we make any kind of push. 

• Like 1

I'm on board with Trent Williams above all the other options mentioned. Protecting Allen is top priority, and with all the injuries on the OL we could really use him right now.

Diggs I would be excited about if it actually happened but if you really think about it, he doesn't fit our locker room... then again we did go after the nut case Antonio Brown, so who knows? Our team is really tight, not one me-first guy I can think of. Diggs seems like a diva that could cause issues. 

AJ Green would be awesome if he could stay healthy. Don't care if he's 31. He's the type of player that can change the game for you when he's on the field. He totally fits the McBeane DNA on and off the field. Don't think it'll cost too much to acquire him with how the Bengals are looking. Everyone knows they're not competing anytime soon, they have to take what they can get for their older vets. I'm guessing a conditional 3rd at most gets him.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

I'm on board with Trent Williams above all the other options mentioned. Protecting Allen is top priority, and with all the injuries on the OL we could really use him right now.

Diggs I would be excited about if it actually happened but if you really think about it, he doesn't fit our locker room... then again we did go after the nut case Antonio Brown, so who knows? Our team is really tight, not one me-first guy I can think of. Diggs seems like a diva that could cause issues. 

AJ Green would be awesome if he could stay healthy. Don't care if he's 31. He's the type of player that can change the game for you when he's on the field. He totally fits the McBeane DNA on and off the field. Don't think it'll cost too much to acquire him with how the Bengals are looking. Everyone knows they're not competing anytime soon, they have to take what they can get for their older vets. I'm guessing a conditional 3rd at most gets him.  

****, why not both Williams and Green? This is the first time in how long that we have a team most think will make the playoffs...go for it.

38 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

****, why not both Williams and Green? This is the first time in how long that we have a team most think will make the playoffs...go for it.

I'd love both, just wanted to point out that I think Trent should be at the top of the list. 

I fought for this guy his rookie year and the off season incident. He is a good kid no question about it. My issue is this year and last he seems to not be fighting for the ball and expects them to come to him. At times dropping the balls when they should have been easy to catch. All in all it was a time for a change of scenery for him, if his father wants to complain about him not having a legit qb in his time here so be it. He is salty his son got beat out by a psquad in DUke Williams who balled. He proved to deserve the roster spot.

As much as I want Stefon Diggs its not happening, it would involve to give up more then what is required and Im not buying beane over paying as he values early picks. I also do not see the Vikings giving up on him as they have a decent dead cap if they let him go, they have a shot at competing this year, the coach and gm are some what on the hot seat if they flop so they have no reason to move him at this time. If they lost to the giants this past weekend I could see a possible move. People say he is a diva at what thing did he say to make it diva esq? He hasnt come out publicly bashing any one he hasnt punted balls in to the stands, he hasnt tackled a kicking net, he hasnt yelled at his coaches, the guy is quiet and does get frustrated. He followed some other players on twitter and someone in local media said he wanted out. He has made a comment that all rumors are true which in away is a bleep you to the media for making things more of what they seem. So to say  he isnt a fit the locker room we have no clue if its true. 

Trent Williams is going to cost a 1st hes over 30 years old and wants a new contract, plus he has yet to play this year so who knows if he is ready to go. Plus it is saying you gave up on Dawkins to be your franchise LT so what do you do with him then? You have Ford being your future RT, pushing him to LG may or may not work. I prefer not to make this move at this time.

AJ Green makes a lot of sense he will want a new contract, but it should be performance based with a very friendly contract for him to want to be there for the bills. When healthy at 31 years old he is the best WR then what the bills have, he contends for the balls, he hasnt lost a step in speed, he has great hands and solid route running. This is a weapon that works for the bills and well worth a 2nd rd pick along with a 3rd rd pick in 2021. People thinking any less are unrealistic. Even though he is injured he is going to be healthy if traded, which is why he has yet to be moved. Once he is able to pass his physical and get signed off I wouldnt be surprised the pats will be out there trying to get him if not other teams.

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I fought for this guy his rookie year and the off season incident. He is a good kid no question about it. My issue is this year and last he seems to not be fighting for the ball and expects them to come to him. At times dropping the balls when they should have been easy to catch. All in all it was a time for a change of scenery for him, if his father wants to complain about him not having a legit qb in his time here so be it. He is salty his son got beat out by a psquad in DUke Williams who balled. He proved to deserve the roster spot.

As much as I want Stefon Diggs its not happening, it would involve to give up more then what is required and Im not buying beane over paying as he values early picks. I also do not see the Vikings giving up on him as they have a decent dead cap if they let him go, they have a shot at competing this year, the coach and gm are some what on the hot seat if they flop so they have no reason to move him at this time. If they lost to the giants this past weekend I could see a possible move. People say he is a diva at what thing did he say to make it diva esq? He hasnt come out publicly bashing any one he hasnt punted balls in to the stands, he hasnt tackled a kicking net, he hasnt yelled at his coaches, the guy is quiet and does get frustrated. He followed some other players on twitter and someone in local media said he wanted out. He has made a comment that all rumors are true which in away is a bleep you to the media for making things more of what they seem. So to say  he isnt a fit the locker room we have no clue if its true. 

Trent Williams is going to cost a 1st hes over 30 years old and wants a new contract, plus he has yet to play this year so who knows if he is ready to go. Plus it is saying you gave up on Dawkins to be your franchise LT so what do you do with him then? You have Ford being your future RT, pushing him to LG may or may not work. I prefer not to make this move at this time.

AJ Green makes a lot of sense he will want a new contract, but it should be performance based with a very friendly contract for him to want to be there for the bills. When healthy at 31 years old he is the best WR then what the bills have, he contends for the balls, he hasnt lost a step in speed, he has great hands and solid route running. This is a weapon that works for the bills and well worth a 2nd rd pick along with a 3rd rd pick in 2021. People thinking any less are unrealistic. Even though he is injured he is going to be healthy if traded, which is why he has yet to be moved. Once he is able to pass his physical and get signed off I wouldnt be surprised the pats will be out there trying to get him if not other teams.

Ford isn’t a RT he should be a guard. Dawkins could easily slide to RT to put Trent at LT

• Like 3

17 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Ford isn’t a RT he should be a guard. Dawkins could easily slide to RT to put Trent at LT

and you paid 10 mil for Ty in 2 year deal, then you paid Feliciano 2 years 8 mil to play RG. Thats alot of locked up back up players. PLus paying a 32 year old who hasnt been in practice and coming off ankle injury and surgery on his head to pay another 12.5 mil and seeking new deal. On top of trading a minimum of 1st rd pick if not more. Im just not buying this move at this point.