Zay Jones traded to Oakland for 2021 fifth round pick

bigbadbuff

First of back to the topic I'm glad we got anything for Zay he really hasn't done much for other teams to offer anything.  Now on to your topics I don't want Trent he is an older player first who is a high cap hit plus he probably will want even more $ he is coming off an injury and hasn't practiced in forever who knows what shape he is in and lastly he would absolutely cost us a 1st round pick probably more and I'm NEVER in favor of trading picks let alone 1st rounders.  I know we need help on the O line but stay the course and address it next year in the draft or a desired FA.  

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Why did Zay jones production fall off in Buffalo? 

"Fall off"?!? He never had good production here, so I'm guessing your thinking vs. his college production. In that case, it an easy answer: 99% of college DB's are not NFL caliber talent, nor are the pass rushers, so college QB's get plenty of time/clean pockets and see wide open receivers to which they can throw the ball. Those receivers, like Zay, are not having to fight for the ball, so they play relaxed and can regularly make plays. One hopes that college level success will carry over to the pro's, but it's never a guarantee.