Week 7 GDT: Squish the Fish Part 1.

Trentwannabe

The tanking Dolphins visit the well rested Buffalo Bills.

Last 5 Games:
2018: Dolphins 17 @ Buffalo 42
2018: Buffalo 17 @ Miami 21
2017: Buffalo 22 @ Miami 16
2017: Miami 16 @ Buffalo 24
2016: Miami 34 @ Buffalo 31 OT

The Bills have won 3 of the last 5. Buffalo has won 6 of the last 7 games in Buffalo.

Same faces, new places:
Jordan Phillips - Bills DT was drafted by Miami in the 2nd round in 2015. He had 3 sacks in a W5 win over Tennessee
Frank Gore - Bills RB was not only the Dolphins leading rusher last season, he is also a Miami U alum
Senorise Perry  Bills specials team RB spent the last 3 seasons in Miami.
Danny Crossman - Is currently the Dolphins ST coordinator. He was Buffalo's for the last 6 years before being fired.
Ryan Fitzpatrick, Deon Lacey, Nick O'Leary - are all current members of the Dolphins and had spent several years in Buffalo.

Fun Facts:
Bills starting QB Josh Allen was selected 3 picks before Dolphins starting QB Josh Rosen in the 2018 draft.
The Dolphins have 880 yards passing as a team. Bills WR John Brown and Cole Beasley have 657 combined. 
Frank Gore has more rushing yards then the Miami Dolphins
Jordan Phillips has one less sack than the Dolphins defense.
Josh Allen has 7 touchdowns (5 pass, 2 rush) in 2 career games vs Miami.

The Bills stats:
Offense Yards/game - 10th
Offense Yards/play - 19th
Offense Rush yards/game - 6th
Offense Rush yards/play - 10th
Offense Pass yards/game - 19th
Offense Pass yards/play - 20th

Defense Yards/game - 3rd
Defense Yards/play - 3rd
Defense Rush yards/game - 7th
Defense Rush yards/play - 10th
Defense Pass yards/game - 3rd
Defense Pass yards/play - 3rd

The Dolphins stats:
Offense Yards/game - 31st
Offense Yards/play - 32nd
Offense Rush yards/game - 31st
Offense Pass yards/game - 31st

Defense Yards/game - 32nd
Defense Yards/play - 32nd
Defense Rush yards/game - 31st
Defense Pass yards/game - 26th

Analysis: 
The Bills want to be a playoff team and taken seriously? Win this game and win it convincingly. The Bills have more talent, better coaching, are coming off a bye and are at home. What else needs to be said? A major disappointment wouldn't even begin to describe what losing this game would mean. The Bills defense is more than stout enough to shut them out and our offense, though inconsistent is much better then people think. Baring any major injuries or a plethora of turnovers, I expect to be quite relaxed come 4:00pm on Sunday. 

Bills 31
Phins 3.

Edited by Trentwannabe
  • Like 1

Some call this a trap game but I am not buying this at all. Its not about if they win its about how much they win by. Honestly if its not around 28-3 then the bills are going to be in trouble and expectations are much higher then they actually should be. I expect them to run the rock between gore/singletary as much as possible as AP chewed up that Dline last week. Bills D should shut Rosen down and I expect a minimum of 3 sacks that game between their oline and him holding the ball to long it should be easy shots at him behind the line of scrimmage. The bills need to win convincingly in order to continue the hype that is building through the media. If they lose or barely eek out a win then I do not believe they are true contenders. 

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

The dumpster fire that is the Miami Dolphins burns a little more today after Ryan Fitzpatrick has been named the starter just a few days after HC Brian Flores said they'd stick with Rosen.

I can see at least 2 interceptions and one pick 6.

I actually wish Rosen started. He was talking all that smack about how he was going to get revenge on the teams that needed a Qb and passed on him in the draft. That and he is kind of a statue so he will get destroyed by the dline. Fitz is a gunslinger so he wont waste time holding on to the ball to get lit up but will likely turn the ball over. 

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I actually wish Rosen started. He was talking all that smack about how he was going to get revenge on the teams that needed a Qb and passed on him in the draft. That and he is kind of a statue so he will get destroyed by the dline. Fitz is a gunslinger so he wont waste time holding on to the ball to get lit up but will likely turn the ball over. 

I am sure Rosen will see the field after we're up big in the 3rd and Fitz throws his 4th pick or something.

Flores has no idea what he is doing.

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

I am sure Rosen will see the field after we're up big in the 3rd and Fitz throws his 4th pick or something.

Flores has no idea what he is doing.

You have to think that he is going to be a 1 and done coach. Im in Florida so I hear all the teams talk and even though he has nothing to work with he just seems lost and unable to handle the HC responsibilities. I think he is another Steve Wilks eventhough they are public "Tanking" they still may move on from both the GM and HC. Grier has been with that team for almost 2 decades in the scouting department and he only has a handful of players on the roster. that they drafted. That organization is heavily mismanaged and if they want to do it right they need to gut the front office and coaching staff. They have a ton of picks and money that they will be able to bring in whomever they want to implement their ideas. I would even say they should go out and throw as much money as they can at Oklahoma's HC Lincoln Riley as he has done a spectacular job with QBs the last few years.

7 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

You have to think that he is going to be a 1 and done coach. Im in Florida so I hear all the teams talk and even though he has nothing to work with he just seems lost and unable to handle the HC responsibilities. I think he is another Steve Wilks eventhough they are public "Tanking" they still may move on from both the GM and HC. Grier has been with that team for almost 2 decades in the scouting department and he only has a handful of players on the roster. that they drafted. That organization is heavily mismanaged and if they want to do it right they need to gut the front office and coaching staff. They have a ton of picks and money that they will be able to bring in whomever they want to implement their ideas. I would even say they should go out and throw as much money as they can at Oklahoma's HC Lincoln Riley as he has done a spectacular job with QBs the last few years.

Yeah with how shortsighted their owner is I expect them to either A) chase a big name and fail to get one, electing to keep Flores in a no win situation or B) grab a big name and sell him on being able to pick his own QB.

The issue with both scenarios is that team is so depleted of talent that even landing a franchise QB won't be enough. They'll need to hit on every pick.

17 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yeah with how shortsighted their owner is I expect them to either A) chase a big name and fail to get one, electing to keep Flores in a no win situation or B) grab a big name and sell him on being able to pick his own QB.

The issue with both scenarios is that team is so depleted of talent that even landing a franchise QB won't be enough. They'll need to hit on every pick.

Tbh go balls out for Lincoln Riley and promise him Hurts.