Week 7 GDT: Squish the Fish Part 1.

Trentwannabe

Chargers look done at 2-5. That south is going to beat each other up. That leaves the Raiders, Bills and maybe one team from the south fighting for 2 spots.

It was ugly but another weird character building game. Hopefully this team now realized they aren't "there" yet and can't overlook anyone. 

Eagles will be on their third straight road game next week and a shorter week with playing tonight. Need to take advantage. 

Edited by Trentwannabe

I have seen a few people on twitter bashing Allen for this game today. I couldn't help but LOL. Like what? Yeah his deep ball accuracy is awful this season and basically non existent but he his accuracy on short to intermediate throws has improved immensely and he didn't make the bone head mistake today either. Daboll on the other hand called a bad game IMO

Allen in 2019:

5-1 record.

2 games with zero turnovers. (2-0)
2 game with one turnover. (2-0)
2 games with multiple turnovers. (1-1)

On pace for 2,992 yards and 62% completion. I think most Bills fans would have take that out of their second year project QB *shrug*. 

Well finally got home from the game... Not sure if it was evident in TV or not but just seemed like Miami picked on both Wallace and Lorenzo. Fitzpatricks quick release really allowed Miami to mask their offensive line problems. Like he used to do with us all the time. I'm glad the Bills offense actually started finishing drives and getting points. That is big difference. No turnovers and get points.

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Chargers look done at 2-5. That south is going to beat each other up. That leaves the Raiders, Bills and maybe one team from the south fighting for 2 spots.

It was ugly but another weird character building game. Hopefully this team now realized they aren't "there" yet and can't overlook anyone. 

Eagles will be on their third straight road game next week and a shorter week with playing tonight. Need to take advantage. 

I wouldn’t write off the Browns just yet.

Edited by bigbadbuff

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I have seen a few people on twitter bashing Allen for this game today. I couldn't help but LOL. Like what? Yeah his deep ball accuracy is awful this season and basically non existent but he his accuracy on short to intermediate throws has improved immensely and he didn't make the bone head mistake today either. Daboll on the other hand called a bad game IMO

Allen in 2019:

5-1 record.

2 games with zero turnovers. (2-0)
2 game with one turnover. (2-0)
2 games with multiple turnovers. (1-1)

On pace for 2,992 yards and 62% completion. I think most Bills fans would have take that out of their second year project QB *shrug*. 

Deep ball thing is so weird to me, he at least showed last year he could make those throws when Foster was going off for a few weeks there. If he could bring that part of his game back JA improves immensely from where he is now.

Overall the game can be blamed on Allen and Oline if they look to blame someone but I do not see it this way. Yes the defense didnt show up but I also think this has something to do with Matt Milano on how big of an impact he is on that Defense particularly in the run game and is a key piece for them to stop Howard/Sanders next week. But that is not my issue with the way they played yesterday.

My issue is the play calling and penalties. Oline continues to have issues with pre-snap penalties and holding. Daboll with his play calling is mind numbing at times. Yes Knox dropped a 3rd and long ball that could have been a 1st down but outside of that one they cannot complete 3rd down conversions. That to me is a play calling decision, is it on Allen for making changes at the line or is it Daboll's over all play calling preventing them for converting? Also why are we not running the ball more, the 1st play of the game was an 8 yard run with Gore then they moved away from it and had Allen throw the ball 90% of the drive. Gore has shown time and time that he can grind out a few yards, to make these 3rd and longs be more reasonable by having him run on 1st or 2nd down. Singletary is back and showed some great flashes why did he only get 7 carries? I think that needs to be more consistent in future games get them to 25-30 carries total a game and not under 20 that has been all season long. (I am not including Allen rushes because that shouldnt count in running the ball). My other issue is designing run plays for your qb when you have dimarco, Yeldon, Singletary, and Gore all potential candidates to run the ball not to mention the sweeps with McKenzie. Your qb just got his bell rung 3 weeks ago why risk knocking him out of the game for a few yards and teach him to stay in the pocket rather then take off running.

Finally the 2 things that continue to be an issue is 1 a big target for Allen, they need to go out and seek one. Chargers are on the decline, see if Keenan Allen can be had he is a true #1 wr and would be huge for Josh. Go and check in with Cincy to see if Aj can be had, then finally check in with Atlanta to see if Sanu could be of services as his asking price would be less then the first 2 guys. #2 the pass rush is nonexistent. I was expecting Hughes/Lawson/Murphy getting multiple sacks between them and the only guys who had them were Oliver (that was the backwards pass to wr) and Phillips. They need to find someone to bring in, that can pressure like Hughes is doing but to actually close on the sacks. The Fitz rushing td could have been avoided had hughes actually wrapped him up and not grabbing at his jersey. (which he tends to do a lot)