Raiders trade for Zay Jones

OG_C2X

Obviously I hope he is successful, and for a future 5th the price is not too high, I just don't see what Zay Jones brings to our WR corps - is he not just a slightly bigger, while less reliable Trevor Davis? We already have a decent WR corps, what we don't have is enough difference makers in the passing game. I realise difference makers are not easy to come by, but that is an argument for not trading for anyone.

If it were a similarly regarded Linebacker where we have a real hole, that might be better.

Well, hopefully he is good, as someone said, maybe a change of scenery will do him good.

Low risk play on a former 2nd round pick. Has plus size and speed. But small school guy who hasn't transitioned to the NFL fully it seems.

Get him for a year and a half on his rookie contract. I love Mayock being active on improving  the roster with these type moves. Low risk high upside if they work.

2 hours ago, Heart of Oak said:

Obviously I hope he is successful, and for a future 5th the price is not too high, I just don't see what Zay Jones brings to our WR corps - is he not just a slightly bigger, while less reliable Trevor Davis? We already have a decent WR corps, what we don't have is enough difference makers in the passing game. I realise difference makers are not easy to come by, but that is an argument for not trading for anyone.

If it were a similarly regarded Linebacker where we have a real hole, that might be better.

Well, hopefully he is good, as someone said, maybe a change of scenery will do him good.

I don't think we have a decent WR corps. Tyrell is ok, Nelson is never healthy and everybody else is inexperienced. Adding another body to the room for a 5th in 2021 is worth the shot.

14 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Address edge and corner in free agency and since we love Clemson guys, take Tee Higgins and Isaiah Simmons. I don’t think we will be picking high enough for jeudy or ruggs. I’ve been clamoring for a qb, but I could see Carr getting one more year.

Lamb would be a nice fit for the offense. Big time player.

• Like 2