Raiders trade for Zay Jones

OG_C2X

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Low risk play on a former 2nd round pick. Has plus size and speed. But small school guy who hasn't transitioned to the NFL fully it seems.

Get him for a year and a half on his rookie contract. I love Mayock being active on improving  the roster with these type moves. Low risk high upside if they work.

If Mayock buys in, it's enough for me. He's earned the benefit of the doubt for me already.

• Like 1

Laviska is a tank!! The 40 time will be very important to him. With his size and how strong he is if he can have a good 40 time. He could push for the being the top WR in the draft. He does play very fast. He's just so much different than Jeudy, Ceedee, Ruggs and Wallace. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Do you think Zay could be a sneaky fantasy add

I do. 

I think he's better than he's gotten credit for. Greatness unrealized? Probably not. But the guy had terrible QB play in Buffalo, where ineptitude on offense is as sure as the sunrise. 

Robert Woods wasn't supposed to be as good as he turned out in LA. Lynch was good but not Beast Mode good. McCoy was wasted there. Sammy Watkins. 

Is he a sure thing? Nope. But history has been quite kind to teams taking the Bills expendable and underachieving parts. 

More I read about Zay Jones, more I think the Raiders could potentially have something in him. Bills fans rag on him for not catching the ball and lack of productions. But he's not exactly had reliable QBs. Easier to throw your WRs under the bus than your highly drafted QB. 

I saw a stat he's been targeted 18 times this season with only 8 catchable balls. He caught 7 of them. So of that interpretation, but the hate from Bills fans on him you'd think he's just awful. 

Excited to see what he can do with a consistent QB and talented offense. The price was so low, even as a 3rd option it's a deal.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

More I read about Zay Jones, more I think the Raiders could potentially have something in him. Bills fans rag on him for not catching the ball and lack of productions. But he's not exactly had reliable QBs. Easier to throw your WRs under the bus than your highly drafted QB. 

I saw a stat he's been targeted 18 times this season with only 8 catchable balls. He caught 7 of them. So of that interpretation, but the hate from Bills fans on him you'd think he's just awful. 

Excited to see what he can do with a consistent QB and talented offense. The price was so low, even as a 3rd option it's a deal.

Reading the first paragraph sounds some of our fan base talking about Coop lol except Coop was higher pick than Carr. Im really excited maybe this can be Carr’s new Crab MAYBE.

14 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If Mayock buys in, it's enough for me. He's earned the benefit of the doubt for me already.

This is the kind of move Belichik will make.  Like the Trent Brown pick.  Very little draft capital utilized to net a player with major upside.  The guy had a really good 2018.  I beleive Gruden will find a way to get some use out of him with our WR corps being so depleted.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't think we have a decent WR corps. Tyrell is ok, Nelson is never healthy and everybody else is inexperienced. Adding another body to the room for a 5th in 2021 is worth the shot.

When I say decent, I mean in the context that I don't expect Jones to be any better than what we have. I suppose he is an upgrade on Ateman. I liked his college film when he came out in the draft, but in the NFL has been a little underwhelming.

Although not on his level this could easily be a Cooper type situation where the talent is there but the connection with the QB is not.  Now I know he played in the AFC East but when do we play that division?  90% percent of his highlights are against them when he only played 32% of his games against those teams.