Raiders trade 2021 5th to Bills for WR Zay Jones

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

652 yards and 7tds last year?

He loved playing the dolphins the last year. 

He and Allen seem to really get some chemistry after Allen came back from injury. The signing of Beasley and Brown stunted that growth. 
I think the NE game this year was the final nail in the coffin where he didn't fight for a ball that got picked and dropped a (high but catchable) go ahead TD in the 4th.

Edited by Trentwannabe

9 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

He'll fare better with Carr but don't expect anything more than a 3rd option at best. He can get open but he struggles with his hands mightily on anything contested. And he gets in his own head too much.

Our first option at WR with Tyrell injured is 5th Round Rookie Hunter Renfrow who drops everything. I think Zay is an upgrade here. 

We needed to gamble on a WR, Diggs/Corey Davis too expensive. 

33 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

He'll fare better with Carr but don't expect anything more than a 3rd option at best. He can get open but he struggles with his hands mightily on anything contested. And he gets in his own head too much.

Yeah this is what I'm expecting. I'm assuming he's a good scheme fit for us because we traded for Davis, who hasn't done a whole lot in the league and he has looked good aside from the goal line fumble. Still, if he can become a good role player, I'll take it. I'm also happy that we're not trading a super high pick for a guy like Diggs. Nothing against Diggs, but we need to keep those high picks.

I'll be keeping tabs. Zay was a really good route runner coming out of college with reliable hands. A lot of WRs have left Buffalo and found success elsewhere. He seems to me to be the type of guy who would succeed more with a precision passer in a WCO type system. He might just suck, but the change of scenery might be exactly what he needs.

• Like 2