Baker needs to be let go.....

Madmax

What I mean by that is Kitchens isn’t using the chip on his shoulder as well as his legs. Let the man run. He was all over the field last year. 
you didn’t know what he or the offense might do. This year my dead grandma would know how to play him defensively. 
Come on Kitchens. Get your head out of of THE sand. 

• Like 2

I’m still not worried about Mayfield. I’ve seen enough from him to see a really good nfl qb. I would love to get an nfl oline however. I’m sorry I don’t care what pff or any other crap stat site says, he’s not getting the time he needs to throw. He’s best in the pocket with an OCCASIONAL rollout. He’s not getting that. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I’m still not worried about Mayfield. I’ve seen enough from him to see a really good nfl qb. I would love to get an nfl oline however. I’m sorry I don’t care what pff or any other crap stat site says, he’s not getting the time he needs to throw. He’s best in the pocket with an OCCASIONAL rollout. He’s not getting that. 

Yeah I think he’ll be fine but we’re heading into week 6 and he’s got to pick things up.

And why the hell didn’t he shake hands pregame?!? 

I get playing with an edge, but this isn’t some sort of rival. For Christ’s sake, just shake hands, shut up and play football for a while.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I think he’ll be fine but we’re heading into week 6 and he’s got to pick things up.

I get playing with an edge, but this isn’t some sort of rival. For Christ’s sake, just shake hands, shut up and play football for a while.

Yeah, i have loved baker on the field but have never loved him off it. 

I still dont blame him, but there is something toxic going down in building for things to be this bad. Good teams lose games, but they usually do so with some competence. We had so many errors.

Taking the ball in the 1st half, not givong it to chubb early. Not throwing slants to obj blocking bosa with Harris. Long drops, not doing converting plays on 3rd and 3. This is all really basic.

I don't understand what Kitchens is doing. He's trying to be too creative and is out-thinking this. It's really not that hard when it comes to how this team will be successful. Step one: establish the run. Step two: mix in some quick high completion percentage throws that get the ball in the hands of your playmakers. Step three: add in a dash of play-action and downfield throws. This is the game plan when we win. We were trying to be way too cute last night. The first play we ran was a trick pass from OBJ. Sure it worked, but it was like we had no desire to run the ball or hit quick passes at all. Get the damn ball out of Mayfield's hands, move the pocket with some bootleg, we have to gameplan around our O-line deficiencies and we are simply not doing it.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m actually closer to being nervous about coaching. There seems to be no leadership. I’m still going to wait until mid season and reevaluate. But I’m a tad nervous. We have way too much talent to be laying eggs. But then again this is still a new team. 

And yeah Mayfield needs to show a little more class on the field. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Guys have to make plays for him too though.

OBJ dropped at least 2.

Calloway dropped one that should have been a TD and instead was a pick.

It’s just ugly right now all around.

Callaway is like dating a 10, that isnt interested in you. We need to dog house the guy and he can llay when he is ready to give 100%

• Like 1

I get that he has to get help from the OL/WRs, but at the same point:

HE IS 32 out of 34 QB in the NFL in passer rating, ahead of LUKE FALK AND JOSH ROSEN.

It's PUT UP AND SHUT UP TIME.

If we get more of the same this weekend, going into a bye week, I want Monken GONE and Freddie calling plays/delegating more to the most competent staffer we have: WILKS

I'm 100% serious.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Last night was ridiculous with the lack of protection. My 9ers just about moved in and called Baker a roommate! No one could stop Nick Bosa. 

The Browns have GOT to spend picks or $$$ on that OL or Baker will get just as broken as Luck, Bradford, Carr and now perhaps Newton...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Last night was ridiculous with the lack of protection. My 9ers just about moved in and called Baker a roommate! No one could stop Nick Bosa. 

The Browns have GOT to spend picks or $$$ on that OL or Baker will get just as broken as Luck, Bradford, Carr and now perhaps Newton...

That should and hopefully will be priority number one this offseason.

I do feel like the WRs have not helped him out at all. I counted at least 4-5 passes last night that tipped off a WRs hands and fell incomplete or got intercepted. 

In addition to the WRs not helping, you can also tell he has PTSD from his offensive line not being able to block a single person for more than 2 seconds. As soon as he starts scrambling around its over because he is not Lamar Jackson with his legs

• Like 1