119 members have voted

1. 1. Biggest problem

• Kitchens
    • Mayfield
    • Offensive line
    • Not as talented as advertised
    • Odell Beckham Junior’s watch
    • They jut need more time

First of all: I think they were over hyped to begin with. This was never an elite team like many people were claiming.

That having been said - Baker has been disappointing. I was never crazy about giving Kitchens the Head Coaching job, I thought the Browns would've done much better to get someone established. (Like an Arians or McCarthy)

I said they would go 8-8/9-7 before the season and I stand by that. They have one of the easier schedules in the league left. (Bengals X2, Steelers X2, Dolphins, Cardinals, Broncos) Only real tough games they have left are Seattle, Baltimore and New England.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I said they would go 8-8/9-7 before the season and I stand by that. They have one of the easier schedules in the league left. (Bengals X2, Steelers X2, Dolphins, Cardinals, Broncos) Only real tough games they have left are Seattle, Baltimore and New England.

I'd be VERY surprised if they swept the Steelers. Pitt is not a bad team at all. They are strong on the lines and well coached; I could definitely see them splitting against the Browns or even sweeping them.

Bills are at least (or more) of a tough game as the Ravens at this point.

The Browns have a bad O-line, aren't well coached and their QB is playing poorly right now. That's what's wrong with them.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I'd be VERY surprised if they swept the Steelers. Pitt is not a bad team at all. They are strong on the lines and well coached; I could definitely see them giving the Browns problems.

Bills are at least (or more) of a tough game as the Ravens at his point.

I didn't say they would sweep the Steelers. But Pittsburgh isn't really a good team either. They are 1-4 for a reason. (And yes I know it's largely because Ben is hurt, but he won't be back this year)

If you do the math if they go 8-8 or 9-7 that means they go 6-5 or 7-4 from this point on. If you made me guess I would say they sweep the Bengals, beat the Dolphins, Cardinals and Broncos.  They split the series with the Steelers. They go 1-1 against the Bills and Ravens, lose to the Patriots and Seahawks.

That gets you 8-8.

Edited by Bolts223

6 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

First of all: I think they were over hyped to begin with. This was never an elite team like many people were claiming.

That having been said - Baker has been disappointing. I was never crazy about giving Kitchens the Head Coaching job, I thought the Browns would've done much better to get someone established. (Like an Arians or McCarthy)

Bills' defense will definitely give us trouble, especially if our offense plays like it did today.

Anyway, it's a mix of many things if you ask me. Our OL is trash, but Freddie and the staff aren't helping them. He's not calling plays that benefits the OL or Baker, which would be to play uptempo and allow Baker to get rid of the ball quickly. Baker looks shell shocked from this OL - even when he has time he's panicking and doesn't look settled.

After last week I was hoping our offense finally got it together. We were getting rid of the ball quickly, OL did their job, Baker looked calm and in command, etc. But apparently that was a fluke or Baltimore's defense is just that bad.

The defense's performance was discouraging as well. Our offense kept putting them in bad situations, but still. Our defense was looking very good the last few weeks but tonight San Francisco just sucked the soul out of them.

Many Browns fans knew it might take time for our team to gel, but there's no way they should have looked as bad as they did today. Just an atrocious performance.

2 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

If you do the math if they go 8-8 or 9-7 that means they go 6-5 or 7-4 from this point on. If you made me guess I would say they sweep the Bengals, beat the Dolphins, Cardinals and Broncos.  They split the series with the Steelers. They go 1-1 against the Bills and Ravens, lose to the Patriots and Seahawks.

That gets you 8-8.

I don't disagree with this. Just pointing out that the Steelers (and Bills) are tougher games than your list made them out to be. 

The Steelers are 1-4, but their only bad game was the banner game for the best team in the league. They lost by 4 to the 9ers, 2 to the Seahawks, in OT to the Ravens and crushed a bad Bengals team.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I don't disagree with this. Just pointing out that the Steelers (and Bills) are tougher games than your list made them out to be. 

The Steelers are 1-4, but their only bad game was the banner game for the best team in the league. They lost by 4 to the 9ers, 2 to the Seahawks, in OT to the Ravens and crushed a bad Bengals team.

Again: I don't think the Steelers are a bad team.

But they aren't a good team either.

• Like 1

They are who we thought they were - a team on the rise, a team building up talent, but a team that still had to learn how to win consistently.

The crowning was about two seasons too early. This might benefit them, as some egos needed to be humbled a bit.

• Like 1