1. 1. Biggest problem

• Kitchens
    • Mayfield
    • Offensive line
    • Not as talented as advertised
    • Odell Beckham Junior’s watch
    • They jut need more time

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Baker is 32nd out of 34 qualifying QBs in passer rating, only above Luke Falk, and Josh Rosen, both of those guys are leading teams that have been historically bad (Jets will be betterish when Darnold comes back though)

He isn't good (yet) and Browns fans were foolish to anoint him as the next big thing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

He isn't good (yet)

I agree

13 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

and Browns fans were foolish to anoint him as the next big thing.

Yes and No

With respect, as a Patriots fan, you either

A: Don't have a clue what it's like

B: Have forgotten what it's like

...to have anything other than elite QB play. 

As a Browns fan, we've had ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIC QB play since 1994. Baker showed up, set the rookie TD record, turned this team into a good team/capable offense (obviously with help), and in the off-season weapons like OBJ were added. I think those that DID automatically anoint him as the next big thing were too soon, but there's reason for optimism. I don't think anyone expected this kind of regression. He's gone from a "really good" NFL QB to absolutely terrible in 4 games time. That's an outlier...but then again, so is Cleveland in general.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

He isn't good (yet) and Browns fans were foolish to anoint him as the next big thing.

Browns fans almost had us believing he was going to be challenging Mahomes for MVP with all those weapons in Cleveland. Instead he’s in the lead for biggest disappointment. He looks lost, his cocky attitude continues to rub opponents the wrong way and he’s only putting a bullseye on his back. He also looks short and fat. OBJ was right to be upset about being traded to Cleveland. It’s only a matter of time before he starts up his antics. 

•  Lack of leadership -People say what they want but Gregg Williams provided that and demanded that and held people accountable for their actions, Baker took the least path of resistance as a coach. Also we have no one to rally around
  •  Lack of consistent toughness - people get punched in the face all the time, we never fought back, not a reflection of the city
  •  Lack of football acumen - like our previous blowout against the Titans, we could not match wits with people who really know football, lack of attention to detail. You can over compensate for lack of football knowledge with attention to detail, execution, and toughness, we don't have any of those.

14 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Browns fans almost had us believing he was going to be challenging Mahomes for MVP with all those weapons in Cleveland.

Talking heads/the media, I buy that. Browns fans talking about Baker for MVP? I haven't seen it, at least not seriously.

Instead he’s in the lead for biggest disappointment. He looks lost, his cocky attitude continues to rub opponents the wrong way and he’s only putting a bullseye on his back.

100% agree!

He also looks short and fat.

He is short. As for fat...I guess I don't see it.

OBJ was right to be upset about being traded to Cleveland. It’s only a matter of time before he starts up his antics. 

Losing brings out the worst in people. They need to turn it around and fast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Talking heads/the media, I buy that. Browns fans talking about Baker for MVP? I haven't seen it, at least not seriously.

I had the pleasure (misfortune?) of debating with Browns fans over the past 8 months because of Saquon vs. Baker for OROY, and the two trades between the Giants and Browns. There was MVP talk. Browns fans were insufferable in the offseason. I don’t remember actively rooting against a team outside the NFCE, as much as the Browns this year. 

• Like 3

-Offensive line just isn't good and it particularly is a big problem when the QB struggles under pressure.

-Back to the other point, Baker is really struggling under pressure and is making a lot of terrible decisions. Hasn't shown at all that he could protect the ball.

-The offensive scheme/play calling leaves a lot to be desired. Need a bunch of quick hitters as Mayfield is much better than when he is put in a position where he has to hold the ball. And the OL isn't likely to hold up for long so all these long developing plays make little sense.

-The DL is very solid rushing the passer, but entire front 7 is pretty undisciplined against the run. Just not a good run defense.

-Kitchens is not suited to be the HC of this team and they will continue getting out schemed and out coached against even average head coaches.

Overall they look like an average team and their record reflects that. But I think they can turn it around and get back on track. Chubb needs to be the featured offensive player and then hit OBJ over the top. Just get OBJ involved period. It is borderline criminal how little he has been utilized the last few weeks and how they can't get him going at all. This guy as Shanahan said is a freak and should be in the conversation as the best WR in the game....Instead he is looking like JAG. 

I'll tell you what's wrong...it's their coaching.

After I saw them run a draw on 4th & 9 or whatever it was against the Rams a few weeks back I knew that this team was in for a bumpy ride with this new coaching staff.

Looks like Baker is just out there every game playing backyard football.  That's not going to work in this league.

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'll tell you what's wrong...it's their coaching.

After I saw them run a draw on 4th & 9 or whatever it was against the Rams a few weeks back I knew that this team was in for a bumpy ride with this new coaching staff.

Looks like Baker is just out there every game playing backyard football.  That's not going to work in this league.

It's not just their coaching, but I agree that's the number one culprit. The one single game where Freddie called a good game and that we were schematically prepared was vs. Baltimore, and guess what - that's the only game where our offense was in rhythm and played well for the majority of the game.

I just watched Freddie's press conference and he has said the same thing he says after every loss: "I put guys into a bad position to succeed." Therefore, he's well aware that he's doing so, yet has done so every week outside of the Baltimore game. Which is evident by putting a TE one-on-one with Nick Bosa, or having Greg Robinson go up against him. Instead, he should have both Robinson and a TE block Bosa to protect our OL's weaknesses and thus give Baker more time. Freddie is not going uptempo enough even though that's when our offense has excelled. The first three weeks of the season we'd occasionally go uptempo and our offense would be successful, but then we'd revert back to calling these long-developing plays that exposes our OL and causes problems for Baker. Baker has talent, but he still has a lot to learn, and Freddie for the most part has not done a good job at putting Baker into good situations.

It's really frustrating as this is basically the opposite of how Freddie worked last year. He did a great job of calling plays and scheming up game plans that utilized our strengths on offense and hid our weaknesses. This year he's constantly calling plays that don't fit what we do well.

Don't get me wrong, Freddie is not the only one to blame, but he deserves most of the blame at this point, IMO. Baker still needs to play better along with the OL. And then our receivers didn't help much - Callaway has got to catch that TD and all of a sudden we would have been right back in the game. Instead, it turns into a INT that they take back to midfield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Baker is 32nd out of 34 qualifying QBs in passer rating, only above Luke Falk, and Josh Rosen, both of those guys are leading teams that have been historically bad (Jets will be betterish when Darnold comes back though)

So what you're telling me is that he's basically a RB, right?

• Like 2