2019 trade deadline.

RAINMAN

13 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Don’t you ever call me that again. How dare you stoop so low as to label me something that despicable. You know what? To hell with you. @Webmaster, please get him to knock this off. My brother-in-law, a black man and decorated military veteran, all but raised me as a kid. 

I apologize for insulting you; I was just trying to tease you. I dont think you are racist and I should not have said it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Don’t you ever call me that again. How dare you stoop so low as to label me something that despicable. You know what? To hell with you. @Webmaster, please get him to knock this off. My brother-in-law, a black man and decorated military veteran, all but raised me as a kid. 

I want to make one more comment and then I will drop it. Racism is in the eye of the beholder. Ill give you an example, one of my really good friends is a black dude, married to a white chick, who loves to call me the N word. I have leniency with him. I can say things that would not fly in a public settings. And I have, a lot of jokes back and forth. Most often that I am more black than him from the waist down. 

You calling Dak Quincey is not funny and at times I have found it offensive. Ive brought it up. Its not cool and its clearly, very clearly, you being racist. Whether you feel that way or not, many of us find it racist.  

So if teasing you about your racist comments upset you I really do apologize. I truly didnt mean to label you that in a serious way. But calling Dak by any other name than "Dak Prescott" is highly disrespectful. 

45 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I want to make one more comment and then I will drop it. Racism is in the eye of the beholder. Ill give you an example, one of my really good friends is a black dude, married to a white chick, who loves to call me the N word. I have leniency with him. I can say things that would not fly in a public settings. And I have, a lot of jokes back and forth. Most often that I am more black than him from the waist down. 

You calling Dak Quincey is not funny and at times I have found it offensive. Ive brought it up. Its not cool and its clearly, very clearly, you being racist. Whether you feel that way or not, many of us find it racist.  

So if teasing you about your racist comments upset you I really do apologize. I truly didnt mean to label you that in a serious way. But calling Dak by any other name than "Dak Prescott" is highly disrespectful. 

Referring to someone by someone else's name is usually a reference to how they think of them as a person. Or in Plans case what he thinks of him as a player. Quincy was arguably the worst QB the Cowboys ever had start and he was a Jerry pet project. Jerry refused to see what he was and how he never progressed as a player. Up until this year that WAS true for Dak for what seems to be the failure of the coaching here in Dallas. 

Many years ago I remember people referring to Felix Jones as Julius Jones 2.0, I've read people compare Roy William's to Darren Woodson and some on here who I see hate on Garrett, or Zeke, or Dak any other player who's having a bad day or bad year has no problem calling them something else besides their given name. 

The outcry on here is very much pot meet kettle. The only times I remember Plans going off calling Dak, Quincy is when he is playing poorly. 

58 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

. The only times I remember Plans going off calling Dak, Quincy is when he is playing poorly. 

Are you insane? He hasnt called him by his name for 2 years. Even in the "GB and jockstraps" he calls him by the wrong name...

Literally 2 years of referring to him by the wrong name

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Jerry refused to see what he was and how he never progressed as a player. Up until this year that WAS true for Dak for what seems to be the failure of the coaching here in Dallas. 

This is still the funniest thing to me.

I wasn't wrong until there was an overwhelming preponderance of evidence that I was wrong. But then, because I realized I was wrong, I am no longer wrong. Therefore I was never wrong. With that kind of logic, you can avoid admitting that you were wrong for the rest of your life. I'll have to try this on my wife.

Dak Prescott had a 32-16 record with 67-25 TDs/INT. Dude has been pretty good since day 1.

13 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Jerry refused to see what he was and how he never progressed as a player. Up until this year that WAS true for Dak for what seems to be the failure of the coaching here in Dallas. 

I wasn't wrong until there was an overwhelming preponderance of evidence that I was wrong. But then, because I realized I was wrong, I am no longer wrong. Therefore I was never wrong. With that kind of logic, you can avoid admitting that you were wrong for the rest of your life. I'll have to try this on my wife.

Dak Prescott had a 32-16 record with 67-25 TDs/INT. Dude has been pretty good since day 1.

This whole argument is complete insanity. Dak was the #3 rated passer and the #14 overall best player in the entire NFL (according to the NFL top 100). There is basically no room for improvement. What did Cal expect? For him to become the #1 dude? Thats a bit unrealistic. 

He has been a franchise QB since he stepped on the field. 

And nothing about this excuses calling him by the wrong name for 2 years.

Edited by Matts4313

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

At what point did that argument ever be presented. It has been commented on by pretty much everyone that on top of Linehan, Dak was a liability in the passing game and struggled not only to read the defenses quickly but also struggled to hit the open receivers which Matt still defends as either a brilliant throw or a mistake on the receivers part. 

Coming into this year many wondered if any progress what so ever would be made because so little had been made in the previous 3 seasons. He has been near lights out in his play and it's been a night and day difference to anyone who actually watched this guy play. 

Even you cant deny there has been a significant difference in his level of play this year. Despite a few set backs he has been playing to a near elite level of play Nd taking full advantage of the talent of this offense. If you cant acknowledge the strides he has taken then that statement very much applies to you. 

At what point did that argument ever be presented. It has been commented on by pretty much everyone that on top of Linehan, Dak was a liability in the passing game and struggled not only to read the defenses quickly but also struggled to hit the open receivers which Matt still defends as either a brilliant throw or a mistake on the receivers part. 

Coming into this year many wondered if any progress what so ever would be made because so little had been made in the previous 3 seasons. He has been near lights out in his play and it's been a night and day difference to anyone who actually watched this guy play. 

Even you cant deny there has been a significant difference in his level of play this year. Despite a few set backs he has been playing to a near elite level of play Nd taking full advantage of the talent of this offense. If you cant acknowledge the strides he has taken then that statement very much applies to you. 

As someone who has coached QBs on a recreational level for the past ~10 years, I cant disagree with you enough. If you actually paid attention, Dak has been showing this for the past 3+ years. Garrett said it, Linehan said it, McClay said it. It was always apparent if you watched the tape. 

If you are surprised Dak is a top 5 statistical QB its purely based on the media hating him 

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This whole argument is complete insanity. Dak was the #3 rated passer and the #14 overall best player in the entire NFL (according to the NFL top 100). There is basically no room for improvement. What did Cal expect? For him to become the #1 dude? Thats a bit unrealistic. 

He has been a franchise QB since he stepped on the field. 

And nothing about this excuses calling him by the wrong name for 2 years.

And. Arguably in top 3 for MVP at this point as well

Edited by resilient part 2