24 members have voted

1. 1. Which game is the GOTW?

• #6 Oklahoma @ #11 Texas
    • #1 Alabama @ #24 Texas A&M
    • #10 Penn State @ #17 Iowa
    • #7 Florida @ #5 LSU
    • Other (Specify in Thread)

1 hour ago, PAW said:

Amazing recruiter, terrible game day coach. The two Bama losses were embarrassing. 

It's hard for me to pin the national title win being embarrassing.  They spent all that time preparing for Jalen Hurts, and when he proves to be ineffective, Sabam made a gutsy call to Tua.  The defense was clearly caught off guard by that, and there was a drastic difference in the Alabama offense through the air.  

Now the flipside in the SEC championship game, I don't think going from Tua back to Hurts should've had the effect on the team that the opposite had the year before.  That was definitely an embarrassing loss.  

16 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It's hard for me to pin the national title win being embarrassing.  They spent all that time preparing for Jalen Hurts, and when he proves to be ineffective, Sabam made a gutsy call to Tua.  The defense was clearly caught off guard by that, and there was a drastic difference in the Alabama offense through the air.  

Now the flipside in the SEC championship game, I don't think going from Tua back to Hurts should've had the effect on the team that the opposite had the year before.  That was definitely an embarrassing loss.  

Wasn’t talking about the D. More that he shut down the offense for basically the entire second half trying to just protect the lead and not lose. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PAW said:

Wasn’t talking about the D. More that he shut down the offense for basically the entire second half trying to just protect the lead and not lose. 

Yeah, the prevent offense wasn't fun either.  I got enough of that from Jay Gruden.  When you are up, keep on the gas.  I hate prevent offense with a passion.  Keep it going until the numbers indicate a comeback can't happen.