Week 6 GDT: Titans @ Broncos

champ11

26 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

I didn’t watch the game, but a shutout win I will take.

2 wins, 2 loses, and 2 games that for whatever reason could have gone either way. It feels like we should be at .500.

And now the schedule gets real...

I think the season so far is going as well as we could of hoped with this roster. I also think this is great leverage so I'll take it. A culture is being created the Chiefs game will determine a sell or not.

The Titans aren’t a good team, but it is nice to start getting some things right especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Harris at DE is where he should’ve been to start the season.  Purcell is exactly what this team needed at NT stuffing the run.  AJ Johnson looks like a find.  He isn’t elite, but he can play between the tackles and get after the QB.  Demarcus Walker in the rush role looks like a more than capable NFL player (which wasn’t the case his 1st 2 years).  Malik Reed is a find as well, he’ll never be elite, but has a Shaq Barrett vibe to him.  The DBs (especially when they removed Yiadom) have been improved the past 2 weeks, especially in the case of Simmons.

Offensively, though, it’s still scary.  The running game can get going, but outside of Sutton there is nothing to be excited about with Denver’s passing attack and Flacco was under pressure today more than you’d like to see.

Edited by germ-x
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

Offensively, though, it’s still scary.  The running game can get going, but outside of Sutton there is nothing to be excited about with Denver’s passing attack and Flacco was under pressure today more than you’d like to see.

It looks like Shanahans offense year 1 in San Francisco imo. 

10 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Are you really seeing schematic brilliance in an expertly coordinated Fangio defense or a few big plays interspersed with Tennessee’s offensive ineptitude? 

Somewhere in the middle. The middle ground is never a fun place to be though because it's too logical. 

The real deal will be Thursday night. If the defense can stop Mahomes , Hill and Co , Denver will be in the business for a playoff spot.

After this game we can say:

1) Leary is more awful than Bolles

2) Can Lock will be better than Flacco ? and can we make a switch soon as Drew will be healthy ? 

3) The passing game with Sanders and Without is not the same

4) the Jax game's is an exception for the defense (thanks god)

4) Where is the TE in this offense ????

5) Lindsay and Freeman are a perfect combo

Edited by French Fan

No TDs given up in 9 Quarters. I don't care who you are playing; that is impressive. It's clearly not the right time to be bashing our Defensive coaching staff ...

Some positives:

- Unbelievable statistical performance defensively. The shut out, sack tally (7), Int tally (3), rushing yards (sub 40) all speak for themselves
- What a difference the 3 changes of Purcell, Johnson and perhaps most importantly, Kareem Jackson to Safety have made
- The whole DL was excellent in the run game. Purcell is only playing 20 snaps a game but he's doing a great job of helping us force 3rd and long

Some negatives:

- It's hard to knock the approach because we won, but the conservative nature of our Offense when playing with a lead is frustrating. That won't cut it against good teams
- Very poor 3rd down production on Offense. Bit of everything going into that; playcalling, pass blocking and general rhythm were poor
- Sanders getting hurt is not good for a team with limited perimeter weapons

Some further thoughts:

- Devontae Harris stepped in admirably, but he'd have given up some balls if facing a better QB for sure. Need to see a lot more to convince me that him playing every snap is a viable long term option
- I think 7 sacks really flattered our pass rush. I think most of it was incompetent QB play and coverage sacks. I really worry about Reed's ability to bring it down the stretch as a rookie UDFA playing this many snaps
- Interested to see how our Coaching staff react to preparing a totally different gameplan for a short week against KC

• Like 1

I am definitely pleased with how well Denver played. I thought they stepped up big time, particularly defensively, in order to get that win. The DL + LBs played great. I thought Alexander Johnson played particularly well. DBs were solid as usual.

Offensively, I'm less impressed. Sutton is the only threat offensively, and the usage of Lindsay/Freeman baffles me at times. It's nice that we beat a fairly bad Titans team (IMO), but the challenge really lies ahead. Playing the leagues better teams and being competitive is where we need to be. If Denver can pull it out against the Chiefs, I think we can start thinking differently about this season, but if they lose, it's not an easy road ahead by any means.

Still, good to see some progression in this team.