Week 6 GDT: Titans @ Broncos

champ11

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

What can we semi take away if Drew Lock returns from IR this week?

If we conclude returning riddick is a win now move, can we conclude returning Lock is building for the future move?

Not really. He was always going to be the backup QB so it makes no sense for him to not be if he is healthy.

I must say, I am of a similar opinion to @Broncofan re: these wins - I love winning. You play to win the game. I love what it's doing for our team atmosphere and for the young guys. That said ...

We need more top end talent. I don't like tanking yet do I trust Elway to get elite talent when he's not near the top of the draft? He's hardly excelled at it.

Can't help but think the lottery would serve the NFL better at times.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Not really. He was always going to be the backup QB so it makes no sense for him to not be if he is healthy.

I must say, I am of a similar opinion to @Broncofan re: these wins - I love winning. You play to win the game. I love what it's doing for our team atmosphere and for the young guys. That said ...

We need more top end talent. I don't like tanking yet do I trust Elway to get elite talent when he's not near the top of the draft? He's hardly excelled at it.

Can't help but think the lottery would serve the NFL better at times.

with regard to the lottery I absolutely hate it and if you do end up doing  it it should only be for the bottom three teams HATE THE FRICKIN LOTTERY!!  

3 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Always respect your feedback, however when you say top half of the draft I think top 15 picks in the first round.

2011-von Miller , Orlando Franklin

2018- Bradley Chubb, Courtland Sutton

2019- 10th pick turned into Fant, Dalton Risner, Drew Lock, and a 2020 3rd.

Am I missing top half picks?

I want more top half of the draft picks.

There is still FA to go, obviously, but as of now Denver really can’t go wrong in terms of a position with a 1st or 2nd round pick unless it’s an RB (Denver has a nice combo with Lindsay/Freeman) or TE (more so because you don’t take Fant at #20 to turnaround and use a premium pick on another). 

7 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Always respect your feedback, however when you say top half of the draft I think top 15 picks in the first round.

2011-von Miller , Orlando Franklin

2018- Bradley Chubb, Courtland Sutton

2019- 10th pick turned into Fant, Dalton Risner, Drew Lock, and a 2020 3rd.

Am I missing top half picks?

I want more top half of the draft picks.

I think you missed the bolded

• Like 2

unfortunately I have not been able to watch any broncos games live this year, but I've caught a few CFB games and if we do end up picking in the teens (which I hope we do because that means we will have started to rebuild a culture of accountability around here) then I hope we target Tyler Biadasz from Wisc. That kid can flat out play. Would provide an elite pivot for the foreseeable future and allow connor to move back to his more natural OG (and stop fumbling a snap every $#%#$% game). Kenneth Murray the ILB out of OK looks like a damn good player as well. Reminds me of the bushes from last year,  just making plays and wrecking havoc sideline to sideline.