Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ttitansfan4life

Simmons

Recommended Posts

Could be a big boost if we can win this week and then get Simmons back. Can’t imagine he plays more than 15 snaps or so per game for his first month back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Could be a big boost if we can win this week and then get Simmons back. Can’t imagine he plays more than 15 snaps or so per game for his first month back.

Oh yeah.  I'm assuming that could play week 7 realistically means doubtful for week 7.  Having him on the interior will be a big boost for sure.  Defense is already good, so if we can get an interior pass rush going, they'll be excellent.  I won't be expecting much out of Simmons from the get go, but if he can just play better than Austin Johnson and Matt Dickerson, it'll be a boost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exciting news, but how much of a boost can he honestly give a defense that’s already only allowing 15 ppg? His return won’t mean much, it’s all about getting the offense figured out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Exciting news, but how much of a boost can he honestly give a defense that’s already only allowing 15 ppg? His return won’t mean much, it’s all about getting the offense figured out.

Exactly. The best part about this is the experience for him to have next year.

Even if we return all the starters there is no guarantee our defense stays top notch so it'll be important to have him playing at a high level next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Exciting news, but how much of a boost can he honestly give a defense that’s already only allowing 15 ppg? His return won’t mean much, it’s all about getting the offense figured out.

Judging from our offense, our target is to allow 6 ppg as a defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's going to go out on the field and suck because I almost guarantee you we're rushing him back just like we did Conklin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, titanrick said:

Judging from our offense, our target is to allow 6 ppg as a defense.

fisher600.jpg

vrabel.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

fisher600.jpg

vrabel.jpg

At least ST with Fisher occasionally did something.  

Lord this man is making me miss Fisher that's no good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, titanrick said:

Judging from our offense, our target is to allow 6 ppg as a defense.

I know you're joking... And I know asking more from our defense sounds ridiculous. Offense is the unit we definitely need to quit. But we can improve on that side too. 

Maybe it's being tied from carrying the team. 

But... 

 

We were up half way through the 4th against indy... Then they gave up that big run to give up the lead. Maybe that doesn't happen with Simmons there. We also had who knows how many missed tackles/sacks that game. 

Yesterday... It's ridiculous that we only scored 7 points. And Vrabels call to attempt that FG is beyond ridiculous. But we needed one more stop at the end. Instead, we gave couldn't stop them that last drive with 4+ minutes left. 2nd time in 2 years we can't stop Buffalo at the end. I know we all remember that horrible Williams drop, but we were up going into that final drive... And we couldn't stop them then either. 

Maybe Simmons makes a difference. Maybe he helps create a push up the middle a little better... Maybe he makes those tackles we couldn't make. 

 

I know it's ridiculous to ask more of our defense... They've been damn good. But we've had a couple breakdowns when we least needed them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I know you're joking... And I know asking more from our defense sounds ridiculous. Offense is the unit we definitely need to quit. But we can improve on that side too. 

Maybe it's being tied from carrying the team. 

But... 

 

We were up half way through the 4th against indy... Then they gave up that big run to give up the lead. Maybe that doesn't happen with Simmons there. We also had who knows how many missed tackles/sacks that game. 

Yesterday... It's ridiculous that we only scored 7 points. And Vrabels call to attempt that FG is beyond ridiculous. But we needed one more stop at the end. Instead, we gave couldn't stop them that last drive with 4+ minutes left. 2nd time in 2 years we can't stop Buffalo at the end. I know we all remember that horrible Williams drop, but we were up going into that final drive... And we couldn't stop them then either. 

Maybe Simmons makes a difference. Maybe he helps create a push up the middle a little better... Maybe he makes those tackles we couldn't make. 

 

I know it's ridiculous to ask more of our defense... They've been damn good. But we've had a couple breakdowns when we least needed them. 

That's generally gonna happen when you ask your defense to make literally every single stop possible in the game.

It's the same **** Ravens fans dumped on Pees for. They expected their defense to be perfect every single game to win because Joe Flacco and their offense were a literal dumpster fire.

If you have a losing record giving up 15.2 ppg, the question to ask is not "why didn't they make this last stop".

I mean what if they did? The offense gonna go out there and score after not doing it the last 15 drives?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×