Jets QB Sam Darnold cleared to play

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

The AFC is horrible right now.  The Jets easily could have been in the mix.  What a loser mentality, you must be a Browns fan.  This isn't the NBA.

Cool. Have fun winning just enough games to stay irrelevant.

And by the way, my 6 win prediction was a little high. I'd temper expectations.

How exactly do you expect them to score enough points to beat anyone? They are the 3rd worst team in the NFL...at best.

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

You can be both. If injuries assault the Patriots and they drop their next 10 games, they are a bad team. And they're unlucky. And in a bad position.

You don't get to cry about injuries and claim that your team would be awesome if healthy. The Jets roster, even when fully healthy, is not very good.

Who is claiming the Jets would be awesome?  

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Who is claiming the Jets would be awesome?  

You just said they would be contending in the AFC, which is awful right now.

The Jets wouldn't be contending in the AFC if you hand-picked 5 teams to dissemble. Your offense exploded for 16 points against the Bills, the high mark for this season. The team is atrocious.

16 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Actually no not up until this year when shockingly they lost Smith.  Washington was not a bad team since they won 9, 8, 7, 7, games the past 4 seasons.  Were they great no but when they had their QB they were average.  Try again.

This season, bro. Are they a bad team this season?

Cool. Have fun winning just enough games to stay irrelevant.

And by the way, my 6 win prediction was a little high. I'd temper expectations.

How exactly do you expect them to score enough points to beat anyone? They are the 3rd worst team in the NFL...at best.

IDK maybe get their QB back would be a start.  Guess I'll start rooting for 0-16 season like CLE.  That has worked so well for you.

You just said they would be contending in the AFC, which is awful right now.

The Jets wouldn't be contending in the AFC if you hand-picked 5 teams to dissemble. Your offense exploded for 16 points against the Bills, the high mark for this season. The team is atrocious.

So me saying they would have a shot to be in the mix for the playoffs is me saying they're awesome?  I said they were a 7-9 win type team.  Man they're so freaking awesome.  If that garbage CLE is putting on the field is good enough to be in the mix then I guess other bad teams should be in the mix too.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

This season, bro. Are they a bad team this season?

I don't care about WAS.  Yes they are a bad team mainly because they lost their QB and are struggling with QB play.  It the reason JAC was bad last year and DEN, and the Jets this year.  Bad QB play.  When WAS had Smith a solid QB they weren't bad just like the Jets wouldn't be bad if Sam was playing all year.  JAC has Minsew playing well and look they shockingly aren't that bad.  They aren't a drastically different team from last years 5-11 squad outside of the QB.  Why is this so hard to understand.

15 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

So me saying they would have a shot to be in the mix for the playoffs is me saying they're awesome?  I said they were a 7-9 win type team.  Man they're so freaking awesome.  If that garbage CLE is putting on the field is good enough to be in the mix then I guess other bad teams should be in the mix too.

But Cleveland actually has a load of star players. They are playing poorly right now, but they have actual talent. The Browns best players easily trump the Jets best players. That's why they have a chance. AND the rest of the AFC North teams are terrible.

Keep taking shots at the Browns dude. We waxed you guys.

Edited by BleedTheClock

But Cleveland actually has a load of star players. They are playing poorly right now, but they have actual talent. The Browns best players easily trump the Jets best players. That's why they have a chance.

Hey like you said you would rather with 0 then 6-7.  Enjoy your 6-7 wins.  Thing is your "star" players are actually playing and CLE still sucks.  The big chunk of the Jets players aren't so that's difference.  I'm done with this nonsense.

22 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

ARI, PIT, ATL, NYG, maybe DEN, TEN, CLE

32. Dolphins
31. Redskins
30. Bengals
29-27. Jets, Falcons, Broncos in an order take your pick.

Giants have absolutely looked better than the Jets since benching Eli.
Titans, Mariota is a poor mans Alex Smith, but they're otherwise not a bad team.
Steelers top to bottom are better IMHO than the Jets. 
Browns are a strange one to try and gauge.
Cardinals are definitely on their way up.

It's hard to say just how much the Jets will look better with Darnold, but Darnold or not, the performance they had this past week does the opposite of inspire confidence in me that the team is anything but bottom tier.

18 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I don't care about WAS.  Yes they are a bad team mainly because they lost their QB and are struggling with QB play.  It the reason JAC was bad last year and DEN, and the Jets this year.  Bad QB play.  When WAS had Smith a solid QB they weren't bad just like the Jets wouldn't be bad if Sam was playing all year.  JAC has Minsew playing well and look they shockingly aren't that bad.  They aren't a drastically different team from last years 5-11 squad outside of the QB.  Why is this so hard to understand.

Yeah, Jags were on such a great track with their 3-9 Blake Bortles, if only he could’ve stayed healthy the whole time...maybe they would’ve won 6 games, lol. Case managed to get that Broncos team to 6-10, but I guess somehow they aren’t considered bad because they have a bad QB (???). 

Blame it on injuries, if it makes you feel better. They’d maybe be just below average with Darnold in. Hard to tell if it’s the coaching or the talent there.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah, Jags were on such a great track with their 3-9 Blake Bortles, if only he could’ve stayed healthy the whole time...maybe they would’ve won 6 games, lol. Case managed to get that Broncos team to 6-10, but I guess somehow they aren’t considered bad because they have a bad QB (???). 

Blame it on injuries, if it makes you feel better. They’d maybe be just below average with Darnold in. Hard to tell if it’s the coaching or the talent there.

You clearly don't get it based on your first sentence.  That was exactly my point thanks for agreeing with me.  I don't know how many more examples are needed to show you that teams that have QB issues tend to be bad then all of a sudden get better at the position and are good.  Jets were starting a 3rd string QB, enough said.  Judge the team on the first 4 games be my guest.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

But Cleveland actually has a load of star players. They are playing poorly right now, but they have actual talent. The Browns best players easily trump the Jets best players. That's why they have a chance. AND the rest of the AFC North teams are terrible.

Keep taking shots at the Browns dude. We waxed you guys.

You waxed the Luke Falk led Jets, congratulations. Baker and your star studded roster looked awful for most of the game like they have all season. We played that game without our QB1, QB2, TE1, OLB 1, WR2, both starting ILB, and DT1. What’d you expect? 

The Browns have a few big names, sure, hows that working for you guys? 

I hope/expect the Jets to look a helluva a lot better once healthy, but see no reason to argue as time will tell. What’s your excuse for the Browns exactly? Neither fan base should have anything to gloat about at the moment.

Edited by NJC33

23 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

You waxed the Luke Falk led Jets, congratulations. Baker and your star studded roster looked awful for most of the game like they have all season. We played that game without our QB1, QB2, TE1, OLB 1, WR2, both starting ILB, and DT1. What’d you expect? 

The Browns have a few big names, sure, hows that working for you guys? 

I hope/expect the Jets to look a helluva a lot better once healthy, but see no reason to argue as time will tell. What’s your excuse for the Browns exactly? Neither fan base should have anything to gloat about at the moment.

My point is that @Rockice_8 attacked the Browns for no reason. It’s like he forgot his team lost to them. 

No no excuse for the Browns struggling. They are not a very good team right now. But they’re still much better than the Jets, healthy or not. 

My point is that @Rockice_8 attacked the Browns for no reason. It’s like he forgot his team lost to them. 

No no excuse for the Browns struggling. They are not a very good team right now. But they’re still much better than the Jets, healthy or not. 

Attacked huh?  Missed the part I went out of the way to attack the Browns.