Jets QB Sam Darnold cleared to play

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Danger said:

I don't think this moves the needle, but it gives them a puncher's chance.

Going from Falk to Darnold doesn't move the needle?  

With a historically bad offense the Jets are still 12th in the NFL defensively.  Darnold and a good defense will move the needle.  The OL is still a major issue but at least Sam gets the ball out quicker and is better at extending plays.  The Jets went toe to toe with arguably the 3rd best team in the AFC right now in BUF week 1 with a probably less then 100% Darnold to then being worse then MIA.  Impossible to not move the needle.

11 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Going from Falk to Darnold doesn't move the needle?  

With a historically bad offense the Jets are still 12th in the NFL defensively.  Darnold and a good defense will move the needle.  The OL is still a major issue but at least Sam gets the ball out quicker and is better at extending plays.  The Jets went toe to toe with arguably the 3rd best team in the AFC right now in BUF week 1 with a probably less then 100% Darnold to then being worse then MIA.  Impossible to not move the needle.

Moving the needle in their favor, no. But as I said, it gives them a small chance whereas with Falk there wouldn't be any reason to even play the game on Sunday. The Jets are still a really really bad/inexperienced team. Darnold or no Darnold. Robby Anderson is your #1 pass catching target yeah? He's a number 3 on a lot of the better teams. Their defense is young and has a bright future ahead of them, but they need a year or two.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Moving the needle in their favor, no. But as I said, it gives them a small chance whereas with Falk there wouldn't be any reason to even play the game on Sunday. The Jets are still a really really bad/inexperienced team. Darnold or no Darnold. Robby Anderson is your #1 pass catching target yeah? He's a number 3 on a lot of the better teams. Their defense is young and has a bright future ahead of them, but they need a year or two.

Their defense is fine and we have other weapons at TE and RB and slot that are good enough to compliment Robby where you don't need to have Julio Jones.

They've been crushed by injuries all over the field not even including QB.  Jets are going to much better and will start winning games mark my words. 

Edited by Rockice_8

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Are they though?

yes. They scored 8 offensive points against the Bills with Darnold. Their OL is really bad, the weapons are questionable. The defense is above average but I just don't see more than 5 wins for the Jets this year. Are they as bad as the Skins or Dolphins? No. But I also don't think they are better than the 23rd-25th team with Darnold.

23 minutes ago, Danger said:

Somebody on this forum legit said that about Nathan Peterman at one point.

It's said about every backup every time they come in relief of the incumbent.  Everyone always hopes their 7th round scrub turns into Tom Terrific.  

Just now, SBLIII said:

yes. They scored 8 offensive points against the Bills with Darnold. Their OL is really bad, the weapons are questionable. The defense is above average but I just don't see more than 5 wins for the Jets this year. Are they as bad as the Skins or Dolphins? No. But I also don't think they are better than the 23rd-25th team with Darnold.

Didn't they do the same thing to NE?  Sam was less then 100% and was out with mono the day after the game.   Their D is above average their weapons are just fine now that Herndon is back, and yes they have a questionable OL not doubt.  I would guess they still end with 6-7 wins even at this point.

• Like 3

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

yes

Flawed sure bad nope.  WAS is bad, MIA is bad, CIN is bad.  Jets are not bad, just had about everything that could go wrong go wrong to start the year with the tough schedule.  

Edited by Rockice_8

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Flawed sure bad nope.  WAS is bad, MIA is bad, CIN is bad.  Jets are not bad, just had about everything that could go wrong go wrong to start the year with the tough schedule.  

Personally I'd call WAS, MIA, and CIN "horrible" with the Jets "bad". Of course this is just semantics.