Jets QB Sam Darnold cleared to play

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

No no excuse for the Browns struggling. They are not a very good team right now. But they’re still much better than the Jets, healthy or not. 

Considering how poorly the Browns have played, and if the Jets are healthy, I'm not sure how you could make this statement. You honestly believe that if Darnold/Mosley + 6 additional starters are healthy week 2 that you guys still look "much better". No one's arguing about talent, you guys are obviously one of the more talented teams in the league, but talent doesn't always translate to production, and it certainly hasn't thus far for your Browns. Think 2011 Eagles.

The reality is that the Jets have been comically injured and the Browns have been extremely disappointing. I wouldn't be surprised if both teams look a lot different by the end of the year. 

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

You clearly don't get it based on your first sentence.  That was exactly my point thanks for agreeing with me.  I don't know how many more examples are needed to show you that teams that have QB issues tend to be bad then all of a sudden get better at the position and are good.  Jets were starting a 3rd string QB, enough said.  Judge the team on the first 4 games be my guest.

You’re pretending I don’t, lol. You think that a QB transforms seemingly bad teams into decent ones - I get your point. It’s just not something I agree with. Darnold coming back isn’t going to make the secondary not-trash, it’s not going to make the pass rush come alive. It’ll probably help the receivers statistically and will probably help the disappointment known as Le’Veon Bell, but is that enough to make the Jets go from of the worst to average? Doubtful. 

Young/unproven QB, bad HC, bad secondary, bad offensive line, disappointing run game, underwhelming WR corps, a good team does not make. The couple good pieces on defense aren’t enough to lift this squad, man. You might think people are jumping the gun, but the reason that happens with any team/player is because the poor play is only confirming what people thought. Hell, the Bills only have one loss and people are hesitant to call them a good team because they’re still expecting them to come down to earth. Jets haven’t done squat to disprove that they are currently who they’ve always been - so why give them the benefit of the doubt? It’s not like they’re Atlanta or even Cleveland, playing way below their talent level. 

Hopefully Darnold comes back healthy, though. Maybe it’ll uplift them into decency - but I’ll believe it when I see, not before.

Edited by Yin-Yang

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Attacked huh?  Missed the part I went out of the way to attack the Browns.  

Here ya go, Richard Sherman.

6 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

What a loser mentality, you must be a Browns fan.

Guess I'll start rooting for 0-16 season like CLE.

Thing is your "star" players are actually playing and CLE still sucks.

• Like 3

As an outsider, just 3 observations:

1.  No doubt CLE has played poorly.   Besides the OL struggles (which Dorsey owns a huge part of the blame trading away a core piece in Kevin Zeitler) and the baffling HC/OC struggles in play-calling and ingame adjustments Kitchens has encountered (honestly OC Monken should be assuming more control IMO), Baker's just got to be better (but this was exactly the weakness that was cited pre-2018, we just didn't see much of it exposed by good OL play and being ahead). 

2.  No doubt NYJ will play better with Darnold back at QB and Mosley back at ILB.

3.  Anyone who thinks the 2 orgs are close are either Jets fans, or really on some good, must-be-legal-in-Canada stuff.

I say that with nothing but optimism for where the Jets are headed long-term esp with a GM in the fold who has an impeccable background, and the core pieces in place...but they're about 1-2 years behind the Browns rebuild-wise.  And I say that totally believing then (and still now) that Darnold will be the better QB when it's said and done (but for fantasy short-term, no way I'd take him over Baker's situation - once they fix OL <no later than this offseason>, the difference in supporting cast is just too great).   I also say that from an org that IMO is probably behind the Jets rebuild-wise mainly through the stubborn refusal of our GM to admit we are in a rebuild, either (and total inability to find QBOTF and worse, whiff with high draft capital).   So take it FWIW.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 2:24 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Cool. Have fun winning just enough games to stay irrelevant.

And by the way, my 6 win prediction was a little high. I'd temper expectations.

How exactly do you expect them to score enough points to beat anyone? They are the 3rd worst team in the NFL...at best.

On 10/9/2019 at 2:26 PM, BleedTheClock said:

You just said they would be contending in the AFC, which is awful right now.

The Jets wouldn't be contending in the AFC if you hand-picked 5 teams to dissemble. Your offense exploded for 16 points against the Bills, the high mark for this season. The team is atrocious.

Dude these literally are the quotes you said before I said one thing about the Browns the football team.  It wasn't until you decided to continually dig into the Jets that I started up on the Browns so saying I went in on the Browns for "no good reason" is laughable.  I didn't say one thing about the Browns specifically as a football team, I only mentioned just your insanely horrible take on rather winning 0 games instead of 6.  That has nothing to do with the Browns and everything to do with your insanely awful take on football in general.  It wasn;t until you started trashing my team that I went at the Browns.  Great thing about this is all you have to is click back a few pages to see the facts.  If you want to come into a Jets thread run your mouth what did you expect.  To then play the woe is me card about me attacking the Browns just stop it.  Those posts aren't insighful football discussion regarding the topic of Darnold they were nothing more then ignorant trolling.  If you want to come in and spout garbage expect to get called out for it.   

I love how Sam just steps on the field and does this.  

QBs to have a game w/ 110.0+ passer rating 10.0+ yards per attempt 70.0%+ completion percentage on 30 passes or more at age 23 or younger: Marino (1984) Ryan (2008) Mahomes (2018, 2x) Darnold (2019) Sam is the first player under 23 to do it. The 110/10/70/30+/<24 Club!

14 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Dude these literally are the quotes you said before I said one thing about the Browns the football team.  It wasn't until you decided to continually dig into the Jets that I started up on the Browns so saying I went in on the Browns for "no good reason" is laughable.  I didn't say one thing about the Browns specifically as a football team, I only mentioned just your insanely horrible take on rather winning 0 games instead of 6.  That has nothing to do with the Browns and everything to do with your insanely awful take on football in general.  It wasn;t until you started trashing my team that I went at the Browns.  Great thing about this is all you have to is click back a few pages to see the facts.  If you want to come into a Jets thread run your mouth what did you expect.  To then play the woe is me card about me attacking the Browns just stop it.  Those posts aren't insighful football discussion regarding the topic of Darnold they were nothing more then ignorant trolling.  If you want to come in and spout garbage expect to get called out for it.   

I love how Sam just steps on the field and does this.  

QBs to have a game w/ 110.0+ passer rating 10.0+ yards per attempt 70.0%+ completion percentage on 30 passes or more at age 23 or younger: Marino (1984) Ryan (2008) Mahomes (2018, 2x) Darnold (2019) Sam is the first player under 23 to do it. The 110/10/70/30+/<24 Club!

k but nothing I said was infactual and we're talking about your team in this thread. 

Whatevs. Enjoy your delusions.

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

k but nothing I said was infactual and we're talking about your team in this thread. 

Whatevs. Enjoy your delusions.

Yes were talking about the Jets and it shifted to them being better then other teams specifically CLE who came up which typically open the discussion to those other teams.

"3rd worst team in the NFL at best"

"Your team is atrocious"

#FACTS

The only thing factual is the Jets have the same amount of loses as the Browns.  There's a fact for you.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Yes were talking about the Jets and it shifted to them being better then other teams specifically CLE who came up which typically open the discussion to those other teams.

"3rd worst team in the NFL at best"

"Your team is atrocious"

#FACTS

The only thing factual is the Jets have the same amount of loses as the Browns.  There's a fact for you.

k bye.

On 10/8/2019 at 10:37 PM, Nabbs4u said:

I mean anything at this point has to be better then the Luke Falk experience,  but I doubt Darnold has much impact on whether they beat the Cowboys Sunday. Highly doubtful. 

Now by all means, please prove me wrong and I'll happily eat crow afterwards. 

Some yummy crow? J/K.  Darnold was literally the difference in the game against the Cowboys. He can play well with a bad OL because he can throw off platform and has good pocket presence. 

The good news is that we helped y’all out. So I’m sure you’re happy Darnold pulled this team out of the gutter. 

The Monday night game against the Pats should be interesting. BB can probably exploit our terrible OL better then the Cowboys. 

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Some yummy crow? J/K.  Darnold was literally the difference in the game against the Cowboys. He can play well with a bad OL because he can throw off platform and has good pocket presence. 

The good news is that we helped y’all out. So I’m sure you’re happy Darnold pulled this team out of the gutter. 

The Monday night game against the Pats should be interesting. BB can probably exploit our terrible OL better then the Cowboys. 

Now by all means, please prove me wrong and I'll happily eat crow afterwards. 

Congrats and Thank You!! I will add though your Defense in the first 1/2 was just as big a reason for a 21-6 lead as Darnold. Either way it's the best Crow I've tasted in years.🍽🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Congrats and Thank You!! I will add though your Defense in the first 1/2 was just as big a reason for a 21-6 lead as Darnold. Either way it's the best Crow I've tasted in years.🍽🍺

That’s true. Our D in the first half played lights out.  One thing that hasn’t really been talked about is how many injuries we’ve dealt with this year. We’ve been without 9 starters for most of the start of the year. For the Dallas game, we got back our 2 starting Edge rushers including Jordan Jenkins (not a world beater) but he got 3 of the 8 QB Hits and had our only sack. We were getting to Dak all game. 

We should be getting Mosley and Herndon back soon as well. 

6 hours ago, Geezy said:

Darnold was the perfect example of why legit QB play is so crucial to win in the NFL this past Sunday. The Jets were dreadful with Falk.

Yes. With Falk they looked like a historically bad offense. With Darnold they looked legit.

Suddenly Anderson, Crowder,  Thomas, Griffin made plays. 

Darnold makes players better,  he has amazing pocket presence where its unreal how he knows where the rush is coming. He reads the entire field,  he has a quick release and throws with great touch. Plus hes athletic to extend plays. 

Darnold has the talent to be elite, and the maturity.  Just hope the jets dont screw it up. They need to get him.help this offseason.