Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

Raider Injury Report (Abram 90% healed, page 11)

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I thought that was turf toe. Or is that the same thing?

Lisfranc is usually tied to the Lisfranc Bone structure.  Could be a fracture or break of any of the metatarsals.

Turf toe is usually a sprain of your big toe.

Plantar is a strain of a ligament that connects your heel to your toes.

Think straining a muscle, but in your foot. Makes walking difficult and painful, let alone running. My wife had it and after numerous shots they finally performed surgery. Basically cut the ligament and allowed it to grow back/heal properly. Had a walking boot and knee scooter, the whole nine yards. 

On 10/16/2019 at 5:07 PM, true2form said:

Lisfranc is usually tied to the Lisfranc Bone structure.  Could be a fracture or break of any of the metatarsals.

Turf toe is usually a sprain of your big toe.

Plantar is a strain of a ligament that connects your heel to your toes.

Think straining a muscle, but in your foot. Makes walking difficult and painful, let alone running. My wife had it and after numerous shots they finally performed surgery. Basically cut the ligament and allowed it to grow back/heal properly. Had a walking boot and knee scooter, the whole nine yards. 

I had that a few months back and it sucks.  So many things can impact it.  I started a stretching routine  every night, changed shoes, and would massage the ligaments with a percussion massager away from the spot of the injury.  Still took a few months to go away.

This is gonna be a nagging injury for Williams. It’s about how much pain can he tolerate. Could also take a shot for it. 

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I’ve been waiting for them to shore up the position for as long as I’ve been a Raider fan